Author Topic: Dalby on again  (Read 8719 times)

Offline lama

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Dalby on again
« on: August 19, 2014, 06:39:42 pm »
Dalby motox club are hosting the quads and sidecars on Sunday 24 August just to let people know

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
Re: Dalby on again
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 09:43:09 am »
Lama you forgot to say it's a come & try weekend so if anyone wants to have a crack come along for some fun.................or even if you just want to say...."I had a shot at that once"
ps Steve Gall did last weekend at the Whitsunday Classic which is one up on Shane King who wouldn't even consider it (bloody chicken)

Offline QLD779

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 09:04:59 am »
I hear Stephen Gall looked very interested in a certain Jumbo.
You don't have to be, but it helps.

Offline 270YAM

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 07:39:40 pm »
Yes Stephen would make a great passenger, he's just a bit out of practice. The last time he swung of an outfit was in the early/mid 80's with Emil Bollhalder in W.A on a 998 EML Yam!

Offline popeye

• Legend
  • 1-2-3 wheel's l don't care...All good fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 10:16:22 am »
What a great day, we saw some new people out riding again which is always good, well done to Lane and Jess, Amie and Mason, good to see Monkey make the trip out there and a big thank you to John from Dalby Moto for jumping on with me and having a go at both swinging and riding well done mate, the best part of the day for me was all Ronnie Ashes bikes out there and people riding them, would have made his day, the old fella even did a lap of the track on his belovered EML Yamaha 1984, I asked how long it was since he had done a lap of the Dalby track and said 30 YRS so bloody good on him....

I even took my kids out and they had a ride as well, fantastic day....

I think we had 11 sidecars of which Ronnie 3 of them....
IN IT FOR THE FUN OF IT. LIKE MR NIKE SAYS JUST DO IT.

Offline ba-02-xr

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 01:28:12 pm »
Thanks for the go Popeye. Had a great time. Feeling a bit second hand today. If any of you guys need a swinger I am happy to do it again. I might need to do some upper body fitness & strength work before next time. Anyone that has not had a go at this you need to. Not as scary as it looks, as long as the rider controls them selves.

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2014, 08:16:29 pm »
Yes, a great day was had by all.
You did well John and if you could make it down to Harrisville you will be pleased to know it is a fair bit easier to do on a sidecar, both riding and swinging.
Thanks to the Dalby club for the invite....we will be back.

Offline ba-02-xr

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2014, 08:57:19 am »
I was talking with Brad at Inverell last night & I may have him coned, sorry convinced to come up to Dalby next time you run here. Where & when is Harrisville.

Offline ba-02-xr

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2014, 09:08:55 am »
Found it. I have places I could stay. Don't know how I would get home knowing how I felt Sunday night ;D

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2014, 09:44:21 am »
What a great day, we saw some new people out riding again which is always good, well done to Lane and Jess, Amie and Mason, good to see Monkey make the trip out there and a big thank you to John from Dalby Moto for jumping on with me and having a go at both swinging and riding well done mate, the best part of the day for me was all Ronnie Ashes bikes out there and people riding them, would have made his day, the old fella even did a lap of the track on his belovered EML Yamaha 1984, I asked how long it was since he had done a lap of the Dalby track and said 30 YRS so bloody good on him....

I even took my kids out and they had a ride as well, fantastic day....

I think we had 11 sidecars of which Ronnie 3 of them....
good stuff  ;) say Gday to Ronnie for me, still spewin I didnt catch up with you lot, thanks again for all you did at Conandale  :)

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2014, 08:18:50 pm »
we're on at QMP this weekend, you free?

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2014, 09:37:49 am »
you talking to me? if so thanks Id luv to but Im still in the land of harsh realities, I am still trying to catch up, its not easy being a dumb arse ;) ;D

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2014, 08:29:18 pm »
nah, I was talking to BA-02-xr6 whom had a swing for Popeye at Dalby, but I think he has gone into melltdown and I haven't heard from him since??????
Sidecarcross can do than to you I've heard. :o

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2014, 02:01:17 pm »
 ;) yes sir re bob      they"ll do that to ya :o bless thier cotton socks :) sidecars that iz

Offline ba-02-xr

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2014, 09:11:40 am »

Hi EML & guys. Only just saw this post. I am out completely for a few weeks due to broken bits & pieces. Would love to do this again but wont be real soon. Bloody 2 wheels can hurt a lot as well when you hit the ground at a great speed.