Author Topic: XR600, need some info, also are they any good ?  (Read 1877 times)

Offline Husk72

• B-Grade
  • Attitude? What effing attitude?
    • View Profile
XR600, need some info, also are they any good ?
« on: August 16, 2014, 12:01:47 pm »
Was working out back of a house, when we noticed said bike sitting proudly on its stand looking a bit weathered, in the next door neighbors yard. Its white, has front, and rear disk brakes, seems to be all there, the tank is plastic, and looks a bit rough. I know its a long shot, but what years roughly could this bike be? Mate is keen to buy, but would like some info prior to approaching owner to see if he wanted to sell. Thanks for any info, sorry, we didn't take any pics.

Cheers,Mark.
I used to drink a lot.
I still do,but I used to,too.

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
Re: XR600, need some info, also are they any good ?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 01:43:42 pm »
The bike is pretty much unchanged since 1987, except for the rear disk in 1990, plastics are easily sourced and plentiful, heavy but powerful and a solid long term performer if maintained. People I know who have them, have had them long term and are well satisfied with the various roles they use them in. If it runs good it won't take much to do up nice.
Ban BLACK rims NOW

Offline DIRTPILOT72

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 08:33:22 pm »
1990 to 1998
Honda XR200 x2
Honda XR250
Yamaha Yamahopper QT50

Offline Husk72

• B-Grade
  • Attitude? What effing attitude?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 08:00:18 am »
Thanks CG, and DIRTPILOT. That's precisely the info mate needed, now to see if its for sale.

Cheers,Mark.
I used to drink a lot.
I still do,but I used to,too.