Author Topic: Bridgetown Scramble - Orange Grove, Bridgetown WA 28th September 2014  (Read 5268 times)

Offline Pre85MXWA

• Novice
    • View Profile

The Classic MX season is well underway and it’s time to start making plans to be at Classic MXWA’s annual Bridgetown Scramble. The event will be held on Sunday 28th September over the Queen’s Birthday long weekend. Once again Classic MXWA is extremely fortunate and privileged to be able to hold the Scramble at the Wheatley’s Orange Grove property. If you haven’t been to ride or watch the Scramble at Orange Grove you’ve missed out on hard and fast classic racing on what is probably WA’s most picturesque natural terrain MX track.

Camping will be allowed on the property (no dogs & no hassles) and there will be BBQ’s facilities available, entertainment and a bon fire to make the night one to remember. In the true tradition of classic mx there will be ample opportunity to catch up with old mates and make new ones while re-living those races that have long since crossed the finish line. For those not so keen to camp out the Bridgetown Riverside Chalets are just down the hill form the event or alternatively there are a number of accommodation and dining options available in Bridgetown and further information regarding these options are available from the Bridgetown-Greenbushes Visitor Centre www.bridgetown.com.au (if you are looking to head into town a booking with your chosen venue might be recommended as it is a long weekend)

On Sunday there will be on-site catering for breakfast and lunch too.

There will be competitive classes for Pre65, Pre75, Pre80, Pre90, over 60s class and for the first time a 125 cc class.  In keeping with Classic MXWA’s family friendly ethos there will be a Junior A and Junior B non-competitive class too.

This year will see Breast Cancer as Classic MXWA’s chosen charity “Bloke’s In Bras”. Once again there will be a 3 x rider, 2 x lap dash for glory after Sunday’s racing is done, all in the name of charity. Last year’s ‘Undies on the Outside’ race proved to be extremely amusing so this year promises to be just as much fun!

For more information please refer to Classic MXWA’s web site www.classicmxwa.comor email [email protected] Alternatively contact organisers Paul Copley on Mob: 0407369930 or Nick Maxfield on Mob: 0427603182

This really is an event not to miss, so start making plans to be at this year’s Bridgetown Scramble.

On-line Entries open 18 August 2014 https://www.registernow.com.au/secure/Register.aspx?E=13579

« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 09:35:19 pm by Pre85MXWA »

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 03:17:53 pm by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline bigthumpa

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Bridgetown Scramble - Orange Grove, Bridgetown WA 28th September 2014
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 09:19:44 pm »
Hey good VMX folk, don't forget entries close soon for this year's Bridgetown Scramble. Please come along and lend support to this great annual event that is ''YOUR'' event, put on for the riders of ''ALL'' machines of ''ALL'' vintage eras. For the ongoing success of this event in the future I encourage you to all come along and do what we, I believe, all love, and just ride VMX bikes. Looking forward to seeing you all soon at Bridgetown :D (And yes Barry, you are invited too ;D)

Cheers
Nick

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 09:44:52 pm »
I gather that might be me you are referring too.  Checking if I've got any bikes going
1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline BA #63

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 10:08:43 pm »
i am in the same boat barry but will enter this week anyway  :-\
I am still the fastest in the pits

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 10:33:54 pm »
selling most of mine, well cutting down on  the herd, too damn many
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2014, 06:51:05 pm »
When do entries close ? and can you enter on day if RM not ready  :P
Best is in the West !!

Offline Brian Watson

• Legend
  • First Penton in OZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2014, 08:07:22 pm »
Poster above says on-line entries close 18th... no mention about on the day entry...

Offline Pre85MXWA

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2014, 09:52:27 pm »
Hi, registration closes on: Wednesday, 17 September 2014 at 11:00 PM - (GMT+08:00) Perth, see the registernow link in this post.

Classic MXWA is keen to observe the 17th September close off so that programmes can be printed and also to reduce the paperwork burden on the day. Please contact the club via email [email protected] if you have not entered by the close off date (legitimate reasons please) but want to ride the most picturesque natural terrain track in WA.

Regards
Classic MXWA Committee

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2014, 10:15:56 am »
Nick I have now entered!!
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline bigthumpa

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2014, 09:56:32 pm »
Well done Barry I knew you had the ability to navigate the online entering thingy! :)

Offline bigthumpa

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2014, 09:46:44 pm »
Come on folks!! Entries have been a little slow coming in and the entry cutoff has now been extended to tomorrow. Please show your support of this event irrespective of where your loyalties lie. For those of you know me I am all for the ''sport''.
This event, the ''Bridgetown Scramble'',is now in it's third year and follows on from two years of the "Bridgetown Grasstrack''.
These events were originally devised to showcase the sport in Western Australia accommodating both the VMXWA and Pre85MXWA (now ClassicMXWA) clubs. To be perfectly honest I couldn't care less which club permitted the event as long as it was a classic mx club,
with only classic bikes being ridden. Please help to keep this event on WA's VMX calendar by coming and riding it.

Regards
Nick

Offline BA #63

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2014, 09:58:45 pm »
hi nick if entries are down just make capacity racing or combined similar bikes what numbers you got   it might be to difficult for the oldies to enter on line i am one of them :) but got my entry in anyway 
cheers   

Offline bigthumpa

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2014, 10:50:14 pm »
Cheers mate. I was wondering if online entries were compatible with "old" guys with old bikes! I sometimes wonder if these computers contain all the leftovers from the Lucas factory !!! Let all your mates know that we need as many pre 75 bikes to make up the numbers :)

Offline BA #63

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2014, 09:02:14 pm »
throwing the work stuff out the van and the riding stuff in the van to head down tomorrow hopefully a bit of rain then get to  Bridgetown  have a few cold ones watch the final ride on sunday does not get much better ;D ;D ;D