Author Topic: Conondale Classic  (Read 3600 times)

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
Conondale Classic
« on: August 12, 2014, 09:05:44 am »
The annual Conondale Classic has been run & won for another year and although the Sth Aussies were tird up with their state champs they once again missed a fantastic event on a magnificent track. The track suited the big sidecars to a T with fast straights and sweeping turns, jumps up and down hill and then some technical twisty stuff over the back that tested the best passengers.
Winners are grinner's and once again David Mattock, this time paired with myself as passenger won the day in an exact repeat of his win last year when the EML GR650 of Jamie McMurdo and Wayne Hollaway suffered elec problems and dropped a round.
Second again this year was the much improved Adam Laman with new passenger Chris Brown on their Wasp KX500 even after losing the kickstarter and forever being in fear of stalling and third overall was given to the CR500 VMC of Geoff Udy who was making a comeback after several years running quads.
Some new teams faced the starter including my son Mason on with Ammie Brown in their 1st ever event on firstly my Wasp GR650 and then later on Ronnie Ashes Wasp XS650 after mine went off song.
Just 7 outfits made it which was a bit of a disappointment when we now have 15 outfits up here that could have been there and we do have some sidecars sitting waiting for new teams. Hopefully this will be addressed when we go to Dalby later in the month to race the Ron Ash Trophy event as an appreciation of Ronnies great involvement in the sport. He currently owns 4 sidecars that he loans to teams just so he can have them  out on the circuit.
Give us a call if you want more info or would like to come and try.

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Conondale Classic
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 10:32:07 am »
well done - sounds good - always the more the merrier  ;D
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 11:02:49 am »
Well done to you one and all, I hate myself for missing it, and still feel I am behind,
all the best guys and hope we will catch up soon ;)

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 05:50:47 pm »
How did you get on in the titles Shelpi?

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 11:07:14 am »
hang on wich ones (there everywhere) if you mean Murry Bridge last weekend we were a no show passenger pulled out and was not to bothered as I just came out of doing a shut down, now have some money but the 12 hour days 7 days a week has taken its toll, Keith is this weekend and am struggleing to get ready, have dropped the pre75 like a hot rock and will complete it in the off season.
And congratulations again on a top effort ;)

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 07:54:07 pm »
so passenger no show WTF??
Do you still have pre68 and pre85 then?

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2014, 11:14:47 am »
so passenger no show WTF??
Do you still have pre68 and pre85 then?
Just to much on for him, his Dad is Trev that passed not long back and we are all stuggling with out the Big man, yep still got the pre68 and pre85, still trying toget the Maico going as its really needed to preserve Trevs Mighty TT600 road trial, I asked if they wanted to pull out but No its what Trev would want and was his passion so we are just giving it our best shot, its been made a lot easier by all the support, sidecar people are like family,  ;)