Author Topic: GMC Vinduro Barn Find  (Read 10572 times)

Offline Iain Cameron

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: GMC Vinduro Barn Find
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2014, 08:21:19 pm »
I think he is waiting for an offer on a mighty DT400 , I know he has a thing for them . Iain
Yamaha tragic ; dt1, rt1, dt2, rt2, dt2mx , rt2mx , mx250, mx360,sc500, 74dt125, yzx125, yzc250, yzc400, yzd250, yzd400, yzh250, yzh80 , dt100 , xr75 ko xr80 03 , it175 82 . Not a member of any club

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2014, 09:45:36 pm »
Bastards ;D
You guys are annihilating my fine reputation, my bike prep is fine and I will have you know my bike has not let me down in the last year despite not ever laying a spanner on it.

Suzuki 50’s, DT 400’s, TW 200’s??
If these are the only bikes on offer then I am afraid I will have to disappoint you all and decline all sponsorships
I feel you have left me with no alternative and I will just have to rebuild my trusty little KDX
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2014, 09:50:43 pm »

I feel you have left me with no alternative and I will just have to rebuild my trusty little KDX

Will that be after you've rebuilt MY trusty KE, I mean, BMW?
WANTED. Canams;all models,complete or parts.SWM stuff too!

I'm THE Thread Killer - when I post a thread dies!

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2014, 10:03:48 pm »
Remember the great man has been seen riding a right side shifting Bultaco. J

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2014, 10:26:40 pm »
Tex, if you are truely desperate for a bike that has no performance and is totally unsuited for Harrow I can bring my Suzuki RV125 over for you to ride next year.

Don't overdo it! Surely you have an RV90?

RV125, RV90, Trailhopper 50, it doesn't matter - I'll still do more laps than my non-Japanese bike riding colleagues on the VERi committee!  ;D

How did you enjoy Harrow by the way Col? 

The Euro's won by 1 lap

We wuz robbed!  :P

Tex.  GMC. and Canam  on TW 200 bikes  go the  Beach Boys

Hmmm it's a strangely compelling idea... Anyone know where we can get three pre 85 TW200s?  :o

Tex
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 10:37:20 pm by Tex »

Offline the stig

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2014, 11:10:35 pm »

Hmmm it's a strangely compelling idea... Anyone know where we can get three pre 85 TW200s?  :o

Tex
[/quote]

Would you Dare to ride as the Beach Boys in   ;D    Man Kinis    ::) ::) ::) :o :o :o ;D

The Stig

Offline Colin Jay

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2014, 09:31:00 am »
Tex, if you are truely desperate for a bike that has no performance and is totally unsuited for Harrow I can bring my Suzuki RV125 over for you to ride next year.

Don't overdo it! Surely you have an RV90?

RV125, RV90, Trailhopper 50, it doesn't matter - I'll still do more laps than my non-Japanese bike riding colleagues on the VERi committee!  ;D

How did you enjoy Harrow by the way Col? 

The Euro's won by 1 lap

We wuz robbed!  :P

Tex

The weekend at Harrow was some of the most fun I have had in a long time. I would dare to say that it was better than sex, mainly because I lasted the whole 3 lap riding the mighty auto, and that a lot longer than I can ever go at the other.

Since you want to stick with the reliable Yamaha option, I can off this fine example of the bread;

1967 L2-CA. 100cc of pure power. It also has the convenience of electric start in case you have difficulty kick starting such a mighty engine.
Why do things the easy way, when with a bit of effort you can really make it difficult for yourself!!

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2014, 10:03:22 am »
a mate had one of those..it used to jump in and out of gear and he used to tell us it was the "power band" ;D ;D

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2014, 07:09:32 pm »
That is a fine example Col!!! ;)  I offer one loaf of freshly stale supermarket    bread   for it.   (Don't let it breed mate please...... :)

Seriously I had exactly the same model in road worthy condition, (was going to club plate it to hack around town!) got burnt to a crisp in my shed fire >:(

Gemini minibike/cycle parts interchange. 8)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 07:15:19 pm by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2014, 08:46:15 am »
Gemini parts interchange.... im not so sure.....it was a campaign to make people feel confident in the parts supply but at Yamaha they just laughed...the Gemini was a copy...not from Yamaha drawings though. the bits I wanted wouldn't fit that's for sure....

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2014, 10:41:58 pm »
Remember the great man has been seen riding a right side shifting Bultaco. J

I rode a right shift Bultaco a while back too.
Have ridden a few Euro's of late.

Jerrys Bulty impressed me with it's turning ability and torquey engine. Castella can make peaky bikes seem really bad because it is so tight so I was surprised an MXer had good torque.
Only problem with it was every time you put the brake on it started revving more and when I changed down a gear it stopped completely  :o

Did a lap on an SWM and a CanAm at Denman Vinduro didn't like the Canam that much, it was a bit too grunty, liked the SWM but it was a bit too peaky. If you could find a motor between the 2 in the SWM it would be the Goldilocks bike.

Rode a CanAm at Tallarook last year, It was the same model that I rode at Denman (I don't think it was the same bike) and it really impressed me. The bike looks ugly as with it's square lines in the sidecovers, tank & headlight but it turned really good and the motor felt absolutely awesome.

And then their was the Ossa at Harrow last year. It felt a bit gumby on the MX track on the Saturday, the gearbox felt a bit clunky and I hit a few neutrals (oops, hope Paul doesn't read that) but on the greasy trails on the Sunday it was right at home. The non primary kick start was a pain but i can see why these bikes were popular back then.

The BMW I have to say was a disappointment though.
It felt and behaved like a cheap Japanese trail bike
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2014, 07:14:35 pm »
very impressive and forthright assessment of your mighty steeds sir godfrey....(been reading game of thrones)

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2014, 10:17:01 pm »
Since you want to stick with the reliable Yamaha option, I can off this fine example of the bread;

1967 L2-CA. 100cc of pure power...

I am familiar with that model:

Apologies for the extremely poor image quality. Yes that's me in the blue jumper.

Tex

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2014, 10:30:31 pm »

1967 L2-CA. 100cc of pure power...

I am familiar with that model:

Apologies for the extremely poor image quality. Yes that's me in the blue jumper.

Tex

Awww, cute. You look so young I reckon I can still see the egg shell in your hair.  :)
WANTED. Canams;all models,complete or parts.SWM stuff too!

I'm THE Thread Killer - when I post a thread dies!