Author Topic: Trap for young players... or, be careful importing bikes/parts  (Read 1459 times)

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
I received this email from a forum member who doesn't wish to be named. He bought some parts out of Spain and the seller ended up shipping them over in a container. This led to some nasty surprises for our innocent buyer. The first he knew was when he learned that his parts were in Hong Kong, and that the seller hadn't listed the contents or value. Now he's up for all manner of additional fees and charges, maybe nearly a grand's worth. This for a set of forks, a swingarm and a sump guard.

Our man wanted me to post this as a warning to others.

Here's an extract from communication that details the additional costs:

Local Port Charges       
Port Service Charge ($95.00/CBM)*:   95.00   
Terminal Handling Charge ($25.00/CBM)*:   25.00   
Delivery Order Fee*:   70.00   
Sea Cargo Automation*:   25.00   
CMR Fee*:   25.00   
Security Fee*:   7.50   
Import Processing Fee*:   10.00   

Customs Clearance and Delivery        
EDI Fees*:   15.00   
Agency Fee*:   165.00   
Quarantine Entry*:   45.00   if required
Delivery to Eaglehawk (Spot Rate)*:   255.00   
Current Fuel Surcharge on Cartage 14%*:   35.70   

Please Note
•           Any timber products/packaging must be treated and applicable documentation supplied.
•           The above rates do not include Marine Insurance, Quarantine Fees/Entries, Foot and Mouth Washes or Customs/Quarantine Inspections, Wharf Detention, Storage or any special handling requirements that the shipment may or may not be subject to on arrival.

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Trap for young players... or, be careful importing bikes/parts
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 09:07:58 pm »
customs clearance including del to his door is about right.
the govt has plced a 250.00 fee on all invoices of 1000.00 aus$ and under.
will let you all know the cost of mt 2 bultaco motors when i get the bill
atm they are in customs in sydney someware.i asked the aust contact if i could pick them up when they are ready he said sure but i will still be paying the del fee to my door as it is a door to door service out of the uk
jim

albrid-3

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 09:40:17 pm »
I have had the same experience from spain, they will sort it out, one of my seats went to germany, and in return i got the german fellows seat, the other one went to America, it took awhile but l finely got it.

Offline FTF#22

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 09:55:21 pm »
I can say that I have just picked up a part That left the US on a Promised THREE day Delivery. I tracked the parcel.
Friday 8.30 am 4/7/ 2014 Left SAN JOSE.
arrive 2.15 pm  6/7/2014 Customs SYD. DHL.
The parcel had to be ITEMISED AND COST OF EACH PIECE (because it was broken down to make the package smaller). To TOTAL the amount on the Shippers Bill. Before leaving CUSTOMS. Oh it had to be itemised by the sender not me.( the reason was it was packed by the sender not me )
I picked it up after paying nearly the cost of the item again in extras on 4/8/2014. I paid for the three week plus trip. Ha Ha.. 

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 08:27:13 am »
tony yabbott has sent a rocket up customs so they are taking time and inspecting goods...looking to charge more (and being good at it)