Author Topic: 1983 KDX250 Carbies  (Read 1382 times)

Offline fred99999au

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
1983 KDX250 Carbies
« on: July 29, 2014, 01:43:31 PM »
Hi All. My mate has a '83 KDX250 he is rebuilding and I've suggested that he might consider a new carbie, as the old one is worm and had a legion of peanuts with shifting spanners and incorrect screwdrivers at it.

This has started the long slow negotiation process with MikuniOz to find a suitable replacement, because we cant figure out what it is. The needle has no markings and is brass, which is nice.

Tom has said that the original carbies make them run like crap and he should use a new TMX for running in Vinduro events.

I guess some might see this as unpopular, and personally, I like the idea that I can go to a manual for a bike and see the same stuff in the manual as what is screwed onto the frame in front of me.

Would a modern TMX carbie be suitable in Vinduro, and what other options are there? The original carbs are still available from Partzilla but at twice the price (for a genuine part in a Kawasaki box, mind)  as a new VM36 or whatever it would be.

All thoughts appreciated.

Offline grouty

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: 1983 KDX250 Carbies
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 12:05:08 AM »
I have just replaced the Mikuni 38 on my 78 Husky 390WR with a nice new Lectron. They have been around since 1975/76 so there should be no problem with legality.
The Lectron totally transformed the Husky (the Mik was new a year or two ago), and solved my jetting issues I had since fitting Boysen reeds.
Expensive, but worth every penny.
Thumpers Rule !

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: 1983 KDX250 Carbies
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 09:54:39 AM »
sudco should supply a std mikuni at a good price...its got nothing to do with kawa h I