Author Topic: Cookardinia Vinduro  (Read 49106 times)

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
Re: Cookardinia Vinduro
« Reply #90 on: September 17, 2014, 01:57:02 pm »

I'm looking forward to not having to ride in dust and ruts!

:)
Maybe we could get about 5,000 truckloads of rocks brought in too?

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline The Wombat

• B-Grade
  • I think I can I think I can
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 17, 2014, 05:57:23 pm »

I'm looking forward to not having to ride in dust and ruts!

:)
Maybe we could get about 5,000 truckloads of rocks brought in too?
Whilst yr riding @ Clarkefield I will get the bob cat to load u up b4 u leave  :P

Offline Maicoman

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 18, 2014, 10:25:03 am »
Heading down to Cooka tonight. Just some updated info on how to get to Cooka.

All the details are on the information sheet everyone downloaded with the entry forms. Put in Bahrs road Cookardinia and you'll see Jeraluen Road.

Heres the link

https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/Bahrs+Rd,+Cookardinia+NSW+2650/@-35.5035905,147.2203842,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x6b223e23ac6a1ddb:0x9ea1ce91a1452799

There will be a sign at the end of Bahrs road at the T-section of Wagga/ Holbrook Road which is approx 20kms from Holbrook.

You don't have to go into Holbrook unless you need fuel or supplies. When you see the new exit to Holbrook near the overpass just exit left, then turn right over the bridge and head towards Wagga. If you are coming from Victoria follow the bypass around Holbrook and take the exit left onto Wagga/Holbrook Road.

There is pretty good mobile coverage on the property. If people get lost you can reach me on 0409 125 477

Please remember there is no access to the property before 4pm on Friday and the gate will be locked after 8pm on Friday and Saturday night.

There will be toilets on site, and the food van on Sunday with lunch available for those who wish to purchase.

Hope everyone has a safe trip and I'll see you down there.
Let's face it some dirt bikes were never meant to be ridden.

Offline VINDURO

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
    • VINDURO
« Reply #93 on: September 18, 2014, 11:47:39 am »
Hi All,

Here are some IMPORTANT timings for the weekend, we will try to stick to these times as best we can:

SATURDAY 20.09.14
12.00pm Rider Sign On
02.00pm Course Opens
04.00pm Course Closed

SUNDAY 21.09.14
08.00am Rider Sign On
08.45am Rider Briefing
09.00am Course Open
12.00pm Lunch (Hamburgers)
02.45pm Last Lap
03.00pm Course Closed
03.15pm Presentation

Cheers

Jock

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 20, 2014, 11:34:50 pm »
I've only been here for a couple of hours, but the vibe is GOOD. The word is that they're expecting nearly 100 entries, which would make it the second biggest vinduro in the country by my reckoning.

Word has it that the loop is great. Apparently a bloke on an 84 CR500 and KTM151 are tearing the place apart.

Dennis may be looking for another Harrow-style DNS...
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 21, 2014, 08:21:17 am »
Keep an eye on Ted, the Manly pigeons lost last night, being the VMX terrorist he is he will be going around beheading people... ;D He also reckons he has found top gear in his KX500 for the first time.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #96 on: September 21, 2014, 12:13:57 pm »
mick d 's got a new mantra apparently,"don't stray from the given path", ;D, :P
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 21, 2014, 07:31:16 pm »
That was awesome!

Big thanks to everyone who made it happen, and particularly to:
The Damo for providing the sleeping quarters and bike cartage;
Patrick for giving me some fuel after I, er... had a temporary shortage.

Two of the best days of dirt biking I've ever had. It's been a very big weekend and I am completely, utterly and totally shattered - but totally worth it!

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 21, 2014, 08:53:13 pm »
By far THE BEST Vinduro I've been to. Grassy loam single trail, a mowed grass track and tapped out KX500 open paddocks. Only had one heart in mouth moment. Was flying down a straight out the back on my YZ 465 when the guy in front slows down and moves to the left, beauty i think, hes letting me through. Wrong. Hes slowing for the dip in the creek bed. Too late for me, big twist of the throttle and pull the front up. After a 50 meter tank slapper it straightens out and off i go. I soon learnt where that section was after that.  ;D

This course had everything. Virtually unlimited riding time, no BS rules, no pressure and lots of really good giveaways. Thanks Adam, Jock, Holbrook MCC and Co, youse all did a fantastic job.
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline VINDURO

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
    • VINDURO
« Reply #99 on: September 22, 2014, 09:56:08 am »
Hi All,

Pretty knackered after a huge weekend.

Top effort by all, thanks to everyone that made it such a good weekend.

I've got a few thousand pics to sift through, will probably end up with a hundred good ones, only the best quality ones will make the cut!

Here's the shot I was speaking about yesterday of Bill Rummery, Bill won the 'Biggest Air' award for this leap of faith on his IT490.

More pics to come.

Cheers

Jock

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 22, 2014, 10:21:02 am »
If anyone finds the front wheel I somehow managed to leave behind, there's a reward offered...

Offline 4V5

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 22, 2014, 10:39:20 am »
Amaqzing Weekend, a big thankyou to the organisers, the property owner, the officials and the medical crew.. everyone who made this event as great as it is !!

I completed 5 laps on the DT, only 2 drops on hill climbs and absolutely thrashed the old girl until I physically just couldn't do it anymore.

feeling it today but don't care.. Couldn't ask for better  8)

Offline HVA61

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 22, 2014, 11:32:40 am »
Adam, Jock and the Holbrook MCC

Great camp site and a very nice environment.

We arrived Saturday afternoon to a beautiful clear blue sky and 19.0 c, the Gadge had the site set up and we were just in time for the afternoon session. We were very quickly into the white attire of all good husky gentlemen to cut a few laps and get the eye in . We had a nice dinner, a few laughs, watched half of On any Sunday under the most magnificent clear star filled sky , a few beers and then into to bed very early in anticipation of a good old ride with the lads on Sunday.

Well , we wake at 6.00am to a perfect day break / sun rise , a good breakfast and some nice tea.

We were first out at 9.04am (who's counting) and the trail was again sensational. The trail had formed some great ruts which allowed you to rail some of the tighter corners in the woods but sometimes you got caught out if you were not concentrating and hit a dust berm which as we all know results in a good old forced rest. I did notice a few of my riding buddies taking quite a few of these little rests. "Not me though" as I learn my lessons well and saved mine for some well practiced down hill off camber gymnastics. I must say , I was cheated by my riding buddies many times on the grass track but as you know the good guy always prevails , particularly after he works out a better cheater line.

Great job fellows for setting us a fabulous flowing course . The first three sections were good and very flowing but the last half form the grass track to the main control was sensational.
Right down to the light breeze that cleared the dust in sections and allowed you to maintain enough vision to stay on the husky freight train.

We look forward to next year's event

Regards

Shoey, the Welsh "Boy'' and the Gadget man , purveyors of all things Gentlemen do and Husqvarna stuff
Autos are the way forward , see you round like a robot
Take the short cut, go Cross Country
The shortest distance between two points is Cross Country
CCM's and HL's bark like mad dogs

Offline XC83

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 22, 2014, 11:38:04 am »
If anyone finds the front wheel I somehow managed to leave behind, there's a reward offered...

Nathan
Suzuki rim? Tymmes had it and was going to give it to Jock or Adam.

What a sensational weekend, thank you to all involved ; the Land owner, and the Cooka organising crew.

I loved the grass track section Brooksie. :) Long live the slasher / mower.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 11:43:10 am by XC83 »

Offline VINDURO

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
    • VINDURO
« Reply #104 on: September 22, 2014, 12:02:48 pm »

Wheel kindly handed in by Brian.

Suzuki rim? Tymmes had it and was going to give it to Jock or Adam.

We brought it back to Sydney, it's now in 'The Shed of Despair' (at Brooksies), it's like a black hole that shed, things go in (22 bikes) and never come back out. I put your rim close to the front of the shed, it will be safe there and should be able to make a run for it before Mr Brooks attempts a 'quick-rebuild' on it.

Cheers

Jock