Author Topic: HBBB 2014 survey  (Read 5126 times)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
HBBB 2014 survey
« on: June 29, 2014, 10:59:58 pm »
The more feedback the more Classic bikes/displays/legends for 2015.
Believe someone once said it could be "bigger  than a Qld Classic Dirt  ......  :P  :)   8)

http://www.ma.org.au/index.php?id=12&tx_ttnews%5Bcat%5D=48&tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=13344&cHash=cdb5d47df6
Best is in the West !!

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
Re: HBBB 2014 survey
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 12:16:47 am »
Done  :)
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline the stig

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 09:59:25 am »
The more feedback the more Classic bikes/displays/legends for 2015.
Believe someone once said it could be "bigger  than a Qld Classic Dirt  ......  :P  :)   8)

http://www.ma.org.au/index.php?id=12&tx_ttnews%5Bcat%5D=48&tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=13344&cHash=cdb5d47df6

"  IT IS  " :o :o :o

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 11:55:04 am »
Trying not to be too negative, the BBB (there is no H anymore) is not really comparable to Classic Dirt when you view it from the Dirt Bike perspective only.

Sure it may be a good "all round" Classic Bike event, but having held Classic Dirt at several venues now (including Broadford), Broadford just doesn't compare well to the Conondale Facility as an overall dirt bike venue, which is why we haven't ever considered going back to Broadford for Classic Dirt.

At Conondale we had 3 MX tracks, A super grass track, A really good enduro loop and also fantastic trials sections.  A bonus is that the facility is basically flat ground, which is good for camping and general getting around.  Those are the factors that help a lot in making Classic Dirt at Conondale the success that it is.

Having said that, the BBB is no doubt a great event in it's own right and should continue if MA keeps supporting it. It's just not Classic Dirt!  ;)

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 01:19:02 pm »
the speedway and roadrace adds a dimension to broadford that the cd doesn't have and as such there's no point in comparing them at all. they are two separate events which are both excellent to attend.

Offline HVA61

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2014, 01:57:33 pm »
Both are great events

Each event is unique in its own way.
Autos are the way forward , see you round like a robot
Take the short cut, go Cross Country
The shortest distance between two points is Cross Country
CCM's and HL's bark like mad dogs

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2014, 03:56:58 pm »
the speedway and roadrace adds a dimension to broadford that the cd doesn't have and as such there's no point in comparing them at all. they are two separate events which are both excellent to attend.

As I said above, The Roadrace is irrelevant when viewing as a Dirt Bike event.  The NEW dirt track at CD10 was arguably much better than the dirt track at Broadford, with potentially much wider appeal, being based on a grass field.

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2014, 04:17:29 pm »
I agree with AJ, 2 different events but as far as a dirt only type event, CD at Conondale can't be beat anywhere in the country.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

albrid-3

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2014, 07:00:06 pm »
Its not about comparing the two events, CD or HBBB, MA are only looking for constructive feedback where they can improve on the event.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 07:01:42 pm by Dave #14 »

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2014, 07:55:23 pm »
Good to see your dedicated to the two events in your posts.....Don't forget to fill the survey out  :)
Best is in the West !!

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2014, 08:06:19 pm »
Trying not to be too negative, the BBB (there is no H anymore) is not really comparable to Classic Dirt when you view it from the Dirt Bike perspective only.

Sure it may be a good "all round" Classic Bike event, but having held Classic Dirt at several venues now (including Broadford), Broadford just doesn't compare well to the Conondale Facility as an overall dirt bike venue, which is why we haven't ever considered going back to Broadford for Classic Dirt.

At Conondale we had 3 MX tracks, A super grass track, A really good enduro loop and also fantastic trials sections.  A bonus is that the facility is basically flat ground, which is good for camping and general getting around.  Those are the factors that help a lot in making Classic Dirt at Conondale the success that it is.

Having said that, the BBB is no doubt a great event in it's own right and should continue if MA keeps supporting it. It's just not Classic Dirt!  ;)

Apples.......Oranges, no one is trying to rain on your parade.
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2014, 08:15:51 pm »
I think it's a brilliant idea. Give the people what they want. Well done MA.
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2014, 08:17:59 pm »
Conondale is an awesome place and facility.
Really looking forward to the BBB as well. A major draw card for BBB, is that I can drop in to GMC Central and do running repairs on my trailer ;D
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline Shane W

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2014, 12:39:23 pm »
I went there last year as a spectator "only" and found it a very good event. Funny one of the best tracks I rode on was Broadford on the Saturday of CD 4 as is was made vintage friendly and is a great layout.

As stated they are different events (CD and BBB) I found the flat track good to watch and being an old road racer that part of the event was brilliant (to me).

The complex is a great set up and you can travel in between the different venues very easily. I also found their program to be well laid out with the event times posted in the program ran to time.

I was hoping to get down there next year with a couple of bikes for the event and drag Hoony out for a ride!!

Shane
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 05:09:57 am by Shane W »

Offline marshallmech

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2014, 10:28:22 pm »
He wimped it this year Shane
Andy Viper #70
Honda CR125 RB
Honda CR125RC
Honda CR125RA