Author Topic: Bits for hardcore ride.  (Read 6230 times)

Offline head

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Bits for hardcore ride.
« on: June 29, 2014, 05:48:52 pm »
I have just purchased a CT110 to do the hardcore postie fund raiser rides. It is for the Royal Flying doctors charity. This is my bike.
I want to do a few mod's to get it going and handling a lot better. I am after a set of forks and alloy triples to suit or similar to DT/YZ/MX 125 A/B/C  TS185ER would prefer a non leading axle but a very small leading fork would be OK. Any early Motocross fork would considered. Also after a decent set of rear shocks, around 350mm eye to eye. willing to pay for decent stuff. Bits would need to suit a 125 as 250 stuff probably to big. Thanks in advance and would appreciate if anybody can help me out.
Neil.

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Bits for hardcore ride.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 06:11:28 pm »
CT125/185/200 triples, forks,axle & brake backing plate go straight in using the stock wheel ;) Leading axle though ;),the headlight bracket needs modding slightly to suit :)

The later CT110 forks are way better internal spring jobs so they will go straight in but the same length,no good if you want to jack it up,Any longer half decent shocks will work better than the stockers :)

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 06:26:40 pm »
Hack about an inch off the end of the muffler end & remove the baffle if it ain't allready removed, remove the snorkel from the airbox where it goes into the rack & fit a CT125 mainjet,108 from memory,the breathing mod won't work without the bigger jet ;),makes them go a bit better for bugger all cost,5HP to 5.1HP  ;D,GO the Double One O 8)

Offline head

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 06:56:03 pm »
Thanks for the tips, does anyone have the bits to sell? ;D

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2014, 07:02:02 pm »
I have a set of RM 100 forks and triples. I have told a guy he can have them along with the frame. I will contact him and if he doesn't want them anymore they are yours for free my friend
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline head

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2014, 07:06:19 pm »
I have a set of RM 100 forks and triples. I have told a guy he can have them along with the frame. I will contact him and if he doesn't want them anymore they are yours for free my friend
That would be awesome Ted, fingers crossed.

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2014, 07:09:41 pm »
Hi as Smed says, honda xl forks fit straight in,
I have some yoy can have ,also have some CR 80 forks with air asist.
may also have a down pipe with peter allen muffler,

not that interested in trying to post but if you can work out how to transport your welcome to them

could take them to Cessnock Heaven meeting
Noel

sydney, north side
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 07:17:21 pm by Noel »

Offline SlideRulz

• A-Grade
  • Not anti social just anti idiot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2014, 07:35:08 pm »
Postie GP around the streets of Cessnock NSW later this year.

Offline kim80y

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2014, 07:48:45 pm »
Hi,

I have a uprated exhaust  system, unifilter to go onto the end of the airbox, and jets if you want them, got them from some postie shop OS that had a weird name a few years ago. Postie pulled my 120kg to 140.
Cost me over 300, you can have it for 100 plus post, cos its for charity racing!
Cheers
Kim

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2014, 08:20:25 pm »
Take them to Cessnock Noel, I'll get them to Neil.

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2014, 08:22:37 pm »

Ol mate Nipper says your cause is greater than his, so the forks are yours buddy. Whatever bits you get Neil I will keep here till you can get down this way to pick up.

Offline OverTheHill

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2014, 08:42:19 pm »
probably big bore kits and cams and 3 valve heads and, oh never mind, just a thought. [pit bike stuff]. YZ80 fork would be good i recon. Had a set [long gone] off an 80H, long soft travel, bit heavier springs & oil n she'd be good. Soft damped 'gas girlings' if some old stock ones out there somewhere. girlings would survive if mounted normally not radically inclined & probably the smallest in diameter with proper girling springs fitted. I'll look at my postie in a whole new light in the morning, told him his auto clutch won't last long if he keeps pulling away slightly uphill onto the road in top gear. Still turns up every day though--or has it been fixed lol. Good luck with the ride.

Simo63

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2014, 10:06:07 pm »
Ive got an XR500 tank .... You'll be needing extra tank, most mount them in the stepthru bit

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2014, 10:17:16 pm »
Early SL/XL 100 and 125 forks fit the CT triples and DON'T have a leading axle ;)
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline head

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2014, 10:20:35 pm »

Ol mate Nipper says your cause is greater than his, so the forks are yours buddy. Whatever bits you get Neil I will keep here till you can get down this way to pick up.

Ted you are a legend, thanks.