Author Topic: People need a good kick up the arse.  (Read 7241 times)

albrid-3

People need a good kick up the arse.
« on: June 07, 2014, 02:59:37 pm »
It really pisses me off when owners of these bikes that we buy, and we  pay good money for them, when we buy these so call polished up shed queens, and they go ahead and make, make shift parts with foreign bolts, and you end up having problems removing them ( she will right mate it will do the trick) and mounting engines in frames with wrong bolts, also having problems trying to remove them. and I also have a bike that I bought, that some dickhead decided to welded up the primary sprocket, to bloody lazy and a tight arse to go and buy the right nut to keep the sprocket on.  >:( 
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 08:15:34 pm by Dave #14 »

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
Re: People need a good kick up the arse.
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 03:22:19 pm »
I've pondered the same questions Dave and I think its a conspiracy by the people who would benefit the most. Bloody angle grinder salespeople.
All bikes should come with a pair of oven mittens that must be worn and dont come off till you answer a few basic maintenance questions.
My boys arnt into bikes or anything manual, maybe the pair of purple mittens on the tool board have scared them off.

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2014, 04:41:19 pm »
Get yourself a good old WASP, Some Imperial, some metric some FIIK what??? Shit welded on, bolted on, glued on, wired on..... 

Offline Rosco86

• A-Grade
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2014, 05:04:00 pm »
Same with a Godden, have a full range of spammers. Interesting build when from new the grind the heads of bolts and turn them into a cone shape as they don't have the correct amount of clearance through their design . Not the flashiest way to hold rear shockies on.

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2014, 05:41:56 pm »
 Fact of life -some people should never be allowed to own an electric welder. ::)
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline smalls717

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2014, 07:32:37 pm »
Thought I was the only one who ended up with crap like that.
What is the brain thought when people but a mudguard on for instance and they have 3 or 4 different size bolts, and even hex head, Allen screw.
They need about six spanners to get one guard off.

Offline Iain Cameron

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2014, 07:40:36 pm »
Dave I think the worst are ex farm bikes they make most young blokes look like a tradesman ,Farmers just fit anything (its about the same size as he uses a whitworth bolt into a metric nut ).
Yamaha tragic ; dt1, rt1, dt2, rt2, dt2mx , rt2mx , mx250, mx360,sc500, 74dt125, yzx125, yzc250, yzc400, yzd250, yzd400, yzh250, yzh80 , dt100 , xr75 ko xr80 03 , it175 82 . Not a member of any club

Offline Doc

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2014, 07:43:27 pm »
that's why I buy bottom of the barrel shitters..least I know what I'm getting  :o

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2014, 09:43:15 pm »
Hey, most people don't have a full range of the appropriate nuts and bolts on Saturday night when the shit breaks off while trying to get the pus bucket going for when your mates are turning up on sunday at 7.00 to go riding 2 hrs drive away..... as for farmers.... 8)

albrid-3

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2014, 11:20:29 pm »
have you heard of monday, tuesday wednesday thursday friday, trading hours 9 to 5pm, and ebay. ;)

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2014, 10:18:46 am »
that would take forethought and planning....some thing not observed in the male species till their about 40 yo ;D

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2014, 11:14:23 am »
Bikes only get looked after for the first year of their life, maybe longer if they have the original owner.
After that its often the not so well off or skill challenged that buy old bikes, especially old MX bikes which are mostly worthless once they're 2 years old

It always pays to inspect before you buy
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2014, 12:26:54 pm »
The problem is usually in the details or lack there of. I find that while sellers usually don't straight out lie, they also do not volunteer information. As a buyer you have to ask the hard questions. No doubt Dave, had you been advised of said issues before you got the bike home & discovered them, you possibly (probably) would have taken it in your stride & still bought it anyway, but as an informed buyer, aware of any niggly issues. It's the nasty surprise that leaves the bitter taste.
K

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2014, 12:53:02 pm »
We all use the non genuine that bits stuffed and that's worn out reasoning's to get a better price, a bit harder on Fleabay as we cant inspect the item prior but we can argue not as described and sort out a correct price. I rarely buy complete bikes sight unseen unless its a damn good bargain and I know what im in for.

"Yeah mate I know that's what price is on all the other ones on Fleabay  and they may be worth it but see this bit? well its not right and that bit isn't right and It will take me a few bucks and a hell of a lot of hours to change that bit as its useless. Now that you know this I cant really see myself giving you the asking price can I?. How does $250 bucks sound would you be happy with that?" nine times out of ten it works and everyone is happy.

Caveat Emptor I guess.

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2014, 01:16:42 pm »
 When I bought my RT1 from a farm shed near Yass and got it home for strip down the assortment of nuts and bolts utized for its last assembly were a sight to behold!
 I could forgive the limited use of an occasional odd bolt and nut for emergency, but Whitworth seemed a bit desperate but what took the cake was a couple of ancient SQUARE whitworth nuts square thread and all used for spacers.

However I kept smiling 'cos after travelling down to Yass to get some ol' twin-shock yammy which turned out to be                              a '69 RT1 for $100! ;D
cheers pancho
dont follow me i'm probably off line!