Author Topic: Wrist Braces??  (Read 1840 times)

Offline Dewy123

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Wrist Braces??
« on: May 28, 2014, 04:01:11 am »
Does anyone know anyone or have used CTI wrist braces for dirt bike riding? After spening more than 9 months off bikes i don't want to stuff my wrist again the first time i try to go riding. Or is there something else out there?
Cheers Dewy.
http://www.gallbrosmedical.com.au/

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
Re: Wrist Braces??
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 05:01:44 am »
Ive not used the CTI wrist brace but years ago i used the 661 brace.
it allowed good movement and support and didnt take mych to get used to. The glive still
fit over the top without too much hassle and it came with a sticker 8)
i dont recall it being a bad thing...
"flat bickie"

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 07:30:50 am »
Yes Have used one for years Very comfortable and adjustability to restrict movement is second to none expensive yes but it is a high end product and worth every cent Get one straight off Gally at CD this year and he will personally fit it for you and show you how to use the restrictors to suit your injury
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline Dewy123

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 05:01:16 am »
Yes Have used one for years Very comfortable and adjustability to restrict movement is second to none expensive yes but it is a high end product and worth every cent Get one straight off Gally at CD this year and he will personally fit it for you and show you how to use the restrictors to suit your injury

They look the goods, and I need to be able to lock out how much movement I have as since i've had a wrist reco I don't have full movement anymore. It will probably take a while to get the muscle strength back as well. Being off the bike for over 9 months waiting for it to heal up and get enough strength has been bloody hard. I live in Vic so unless I head off to one of the AORC rounds I probably want be seeing Gally down this way. Cheers Dewy

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 06:22:41 pm »
Go the OTS Wrist lacer. The lacing allows you to fine tune how tight you want to wear it and acts as a very good brace itself when it is done up with the alloy plate that is supplied with it. It will come with interchangeable wedges to suit how far you want your wrist to move backwards. It's a very well made product that has shown no deteriation in the years I've had it. AND IT WORKS.

35 years ago I broke my scaphoid bone. Had it screwed together. Shattered it to pieces a year later. Had a plastic scaphoid transplanted. Snapped it in half five years ago. The bones in my wrist have calcified and are just chalk now. They recommend I get my wrist fused thus allowing no movement whatsoever. This brace allows me to ride a bike with about a quarter the pain that I would have if not using it.

Would I have broken my wrist in the first place if i was wearing this brace? No, I don't think so.
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B