Author Topic: Ebay global shipping provider  (Read 5240 times)

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
Ebay global shipping provider
« on: May 14, 2014, 03:11:51 pm »
Anybody had this before?
Win the bid or buy it now,go through the normal payment procedure,IE $95 + $55 postage,pay now total $150,Done,all sweet :)
Then looking through your emails you get 2 invoices one for $95 from the seller & one for $55 from ripoff&pissoff forwarding agents ???
I have had this a few times before but took no notice until now, My package seems to have been freighted from one side of the US to the other & took about 3 freaking weeks & from what I can figure from the crap tracking is that its only just left the US in the last couple of days >:(
Most other stuff I buy takes 2 weeks in total or less to get to me,In fact I ordered something else on the same day from another seller & got it last week ;)
There is a blurb on Ebay about this saying global shipping providers will generally be cheaper & quicker,Cheaper maybe? Quicker?Don't think so Reg >:(

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay global shipping provider
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 04:18:43 pm »
Yep, it's a joke. Apparently the sellers have to send them to eBay's forwarding agent? Even as a seller ebay "calculates" the postage but it seems to always be more expensive than the actual. I'm a bit tired of giving refunds to American buyers. One example of me selling to USA is Ebay quotes $29.70 postage while the actual is $14.85. I'm sure it happens in reverse as well.
K

Offline TT5 Matt

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 06:15:07 pm »
yeah todays postal charges from the states puts me off buying a lot of things unless the seller is prepared to post by usps 1st class mail which is very cheap compared to other methods of post which are way dearer then the part itself, that's when I try to buy local.as for ebay its turning into a big greedy money making machine that couldn't give a stuff for the buyers >:(

oldfart

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 07:14:25 pm »
Yep got the same email ... " multiple payments"  so I sent Evilbay an email stating I only had one purchase not two as per YOUR invoice and would not be paying the inflated postage rate set by YOU ,  as the seller quoted a much reduced rate.   Explained in my email the seller is selling the product and has set the postal rate and postage method USPS 1st class
Sorted 2 days later ... at much reduced postage cost    $18-00 USD   not  $54 -00 USD

Big K  .... No they don't have to send it "Ebays agent"  if they Use  USPS 1st class mail ..... ebay postage rates are out of control for sure .

oldfart

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 07:24:26 pm »

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2014, 07:57:20 pm »
explains how it works ....
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/shipping-globally.html

"Handled by international shipping experts" ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(,My parcel has gone off the radar,"no tracking available at this time"
On the 21st of may it has been a month since the purchase :'(,Yes, I have opened a case,was told to wait for the package to arrive ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Offline FAT-TOY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2014, 10:09:49 pm »

Purchased 4 items with a total price under $20 from the same seller in the US a few weeks ago.  They refused to lump them together for postage overseas, insted thier policy is to send each item to ebay for them to post to me at a price of over $40 each item.  For local deliveries they had no problem packing them together so I had them sent to an address over there for around $8 and my mate then forwarded them to me at a price of $26, total of around $35 insted of the $160+ it could have cost.  I think a lot of sellers are doing this because  it removes the resposability for lost parcels and time for staff processing stuff ups etc.
                                                                                                       Zane
 ps  Thanks again Doug.                 
Everyday I find one more name to add to the list of people who piss me off.

Offline BAHNZY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2014, 10:16:29 pm »
Whatever you do, never buy multiple items from an international sellers e-bay store, even if they say the will combine items for posting. Once evil bay gets their hooks in they will charge out each item separately even though they will turn up in the same box. I spent countless hours on the fugg'n evil bay merry-go-around and eventually gave up and cancelled my account. Never again.
Rod (BAHNZY) Bahn

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2014, 10:35:46 pm »
It's amazing how many parts I sell over the counter these days and hear "that's cheaper than it was on eBay", the wheel has almost turned a full circle and people are coming back in to bike shops due to the ridiculous cost associated with buying/selling on eBay and then being left with almost no leg to stand on should you get ripped off buy a faulty/wrong item..  :)
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2014, 08:14:43 am »
No wonder there seems to be a lot less goodies on evilpay these days. They've managed to screw the sellers and the buyers.
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2014, 08:17:17 am »
Ebay is owned by the Catholic Church
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2014, 08:27:45 am »

Purchased 4 items with a total price under $20 from the same seller in the US a few weeks ago.  They refused to lump them together for postage overseas, insted thier policy is to send each item to ebay for them to post to me at a price of over $40 each item.  For local deliveries they had no problem packing them together so I had them sent to an address over there for around $8 and my mate then forwarded them to me at a price of $26, total of around $35 insted of the $160+ it could have cost.  I think a lot of sellers are doing this because  it removes the resposability for lost parcels and time for staff processing stuff ups etc.
                                                                                                       Zane
 ps  Thanks again Doug.                 

Yes watch this one.
Bought a honda head and a cam shaft separately from the same seller and asked him to put them in the same package to save post.
He said ok .
Then we came up against " Global postage ".
Had to pay two lots of postage.
Then Ebay tells the guy to put the items in the same package.
Not happy Jan.
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline kdx Geoff

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2014, 09:03:14 am »

On the other side of the ledger...

A seller in the US had 4 items l wanted to buy, total cost of the items was $110 AU

If the items were posted separately as per the postage quote the cost would have been $206 AU

l contacted the seller and asked them for a postage quote for the items (bash plate, 2 blinkers and a rubber muffler mount) and the came back with $75 total, if its more then they would wear it and if its less they would refund the difference.

The seller sent me an invoice for the 4 items and postage of $75 and paid that through PayPal as usual. This is how any change to price or postage is done that I've found, they just send an invoice the reflects what's been negotiated.

l got a refund on the postage of $13  :)

Another seller l bought some decals from wanted $26 for postage. l contacted them and told them there postage cost must be wrong and got the postage for $9.

l don't know if the seller is compelled to use the ebay postage system but l always ask for a quote if l think the cost is excessive.
Sometimes it works and sometimes l have to suck it up !

Buying kdx air cooled drum brake unitrak bikes and parts

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2014, 02:53:33 pm »
Update.
My parcel is missing presumed dead >:(
I have been given a full refund which is good :),But I brought the items(a pair of forks) coz I wanted them, not to have them lost by incompetent forkwits,How the crap can ya loose a pair of forks :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o,I was double screwed over in the deal as I ordered & paid for a set of seals & bushes to suit the forks off another seller,the package arrived OK but minus the seals :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( they forgot to put them in, Refund & 1'000 apologies were given though ;),anybody got a set of Honda 43mm cartridge forks for sale :)

Offline Tomas

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2014, 09:03:24 pm »
Purchased front wheel,  paid for it,  shipped via USPS(global shipping whatever), "delivered"(had to pick it up myself) by useless Fedex.