Author Topic: Kawasaki 36mm disc wheel, front fork & extras  (Read 1937 times)

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
Kawasaki 36mm disc wheel, front fork & extras
« on: May 13, 2014, 08:06:18 pm »

FOR SALE

1985 Kawasaki KLR250 36mm disc brake front end

This has all been rebuilt/restored but I am no longer going to be using this and now want it all gone. I have probably spent close to $1800 on all this. I know I will not get anything like that back but to be honest I just want it all gone out the shed rather than trying to get a lot of money back. It I taking up valuable storage space. So I am not really sure what is a good price but if you are keen maybe you send me an offer for what you would like and what you think is fair, but don’t think I want loads because I don’t. I just don’t really know what is a good price and know it’s a buyers market right now and I just really want to get rid of this stuff. The entire front end has been rebuilt and sat fitted to bike but has not been used at all.

FORKS

Good chrome, no rust. Were in use, with fork boots and not leaking up till around 2003.
880mm from axle to top of chrome
220mm stroke not inc extension from compression of rebound spring
Brand NEW sliders, YES brand new and these cost me $397.90 and $436.94 and that was trade price in 2004. There was a bit of slop, even with new bushes and I wanted brand new perfection. I have invoice and packing boxes as proof they are new.
New bushes on legs and in sliders
New damper rod bolts, gaskets, drain plugs, retaining rings, seals, wipers etc
New Schrader air valve assemblies
Forks are rebuilt and do have oil in them at the moment.
Also to go with the forks are a set of brand new in box White Power progressive springs that are correct springs for this fork which I imported from Europe.
Also to go with this is a Italian made Tarozzi Paolo fork brace which is brand new in box and correct for this fork.

FRONT WHEEL
Painted hub, new wheel bearings, speedo drive seal etc
Original spokes replated and laced to brand new gold Excel rim. This rim is universal disc pattern so will fit most front disc brake hubs. The spoke holes are un -modified. 1 or nipple was damaged and I replaced it with new alloy one so I could true the wheel up and had the intention of changing it later but never got around to it. I looked at it the other day and its hard to spot anyway. Its same length/size as the steel ones. Pobably if i was still going to use this now i would fit a new set of spokes as i am pretty picky.
Axle, spacer, nuts etc all zinc plated.
Brake disc cleaned up, centre painted, bolts plated etc.

TRIPLE CLAMPS
These have been painted and inc stem nut and bearing dust cover
The pinch bolts are missing but they are just plain 8mm bolts. Ones in photo were just for assembly.
There a new taper bearing on bottom with seal.
The headlight? Mounts have been slightly trimmed a bit by previous owner.
I also have a good condition Answer Products billet 1 piece bar clamp correct for Kawasaki. As of typing this I am not 100% sure I will let this go with the sale but I am 99% sure I will. Just waiting to find out if it will be usable on another project first before I let it go.

FRONT BRAKES
Caliper and master cylinder are all painted and rebuilt with all new seals etc ready to use.
New SBS sintered brake pads fitted.
Brake hose clamps zinc plated
New front brake switch
Old hose is inc as sample but should be replaced with new one

MISCELLANIOUS/EXTRAS
Extra set of spare brand new SBS brake pads
Brand new front brake lever (I think the one fitted to master cylinder now is also brand new)
Extra brand new front brake switch
2 brand new in packet Russel brake speed bleeders
Plus a few extra brand new spare genuine parts for forks inc seal retainers, damper rod bolts and copper washers, Kawasaki air fork warning decals, and maybe a few other bits and pieces

Because this sat around for many years since I did it (10 years) theres a few marks in the paint on some things but they would touch up with brush. The zinc plating is not ultra bright but from memory that was how I got it back and it was not a really good batch.  There are a few small spots of clear paint coming off one fork slider. This could probably be touched up, That’s the only real negatives.

Basically its all ready go unless you are fussy with the zinc plating. There is no junky rusty parts or anything. You really do not need to spend anything on this at all apart from a brake hose. I have done pretty much every thing else already so please consider this when deciding if it is for you or not. It’s not a $150 ebay/wreckers front end that you need to go and spend hundreds getting chrome done and fitting new parts etc. It’s all been done.

Like I said at the start, it I really want to see this go to a new home as I have no use for it at all. Besides going on a KLR it would be suitable for another bike using 36mm forks. Maybe 77 PE250 perhaps 78 or 79 too, DR/SP Suzuki or an TT/XT500 Yamaha with 36mm forks.

I may consider selling certain parts individually however I would really like the see the forks and wheel gone as they take up the most space. I would consider selling Excel rim individually.

If you are interested I prefer you send me an email to
codrington307 at hotmail.com.

You get quickest response and first preference if you email rather than PM’s here please

Thanks for looking

** a few of the extra items are not photographed.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 08:12:03 pm by LWC82PE »
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
Re: Kawasaki 36mm disc wheel, front fork & extras
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 08:08:19 pm »
where have you been Mate, long time no posts?
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 08:36:02 pm »
Ok well see how these prices go. Got no idea what to ask really :-\
Just want it all gone.

Forks $120
Fork Brace - $75
Fork springs $75   (29mm OD, 600mm long, 4.4 wire OD, .35kg/mm -.48kg/mm progressive rate
Front wheel - $120
triples - $35
caliper - $45
master cylinder $45

will also swap any of the above for NOS/NEW yellow Preston Petty Tony D front fender Or a Suzuki RM/DR/SP/PE Terry Fork Kit, Goki air fork equalizer kit/T-valve, 350/353mm Ohlins remote res shocks(any condition/level of completeness considered), or any 1980 TS250 parts i may need such as a seat or 1977 TS250 clutch or magneto cover.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 08:41:06 pm by LWC82PE »
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 09:15:17 pm »
I wouldn't mind the whole lot Leigh.
Email just sent.
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 12:02:26 pm »
All these parts are sold. Thankyou.