Author Topic: CLASSIC SCRAMBLE CLUB AND AASA  (Read 6286 times)

Offline petard

• Novice
    • View Profile
CLASSIC SCRAMBLE CLUB AND AASA
« on: May 07, 2014, 03:08:34 pm »
 TO ALL THOSE RIDERS WHO WANT TO RIDE THE CSC SERIES EVENTS WHO HOLD A CURRENT MA SENIORS NATIONAL LICENCE. YOU CAN NOW RIDE OUR SERIES EVENTS AS AASA HAS INFORMED US THAT THEY WILL RECOGNISE THE MA SENIOR NATIONAL LICENCE AND COVER THOSE ENTRANTS UNDER THEIR INSURANCE. SO THE UPSHOT IS, IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO TAKE OUT THE AASA CLUB LICENCE,SHOW THE MA LICENCE AT THE SIGN, PAY THE ENTRY FEE AND YOUR AWAY. 8) 8) THE RUMOUR THAT WAS STARTED AT PBBB THAT THE CLUB HAD BEEN DIS AFFILIATED IS NOT CORRECT :o :o

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
Re: CLASSIC SCRAMBLE CLUB AND AASA
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 03:12:43 pm »
Cool, now I just need a bike old enough to ride  :-)
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

albrid-3

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 05:13:29 pm »
 As a founding member and life member of the Classic Scramble Club, the club needs to reduce the outrageous high entry fees of $90, we are a none profit organization, stop running the club as a business, they are only inter-club meetings and fun club days, not state victorian titles.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 07:06:11 pm by Dave #14 »

Offline Spanish Armada

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 06:04:54 pm »
Peter i know the  entry is $90 for aasa members plus there joining fee but for mv members is it the same entry cost  and if yes last year i paid $60 with mv license why the 50% increase for mv license holders thanks

Offline Andrew L

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 11:38:57 pm »
That would of been handy to know a month ago when I said to myself fugim I am going eleswhere and didn't rush to put my bike back together, now there's a meet on Sunday and not much chance of bike going together entry price is still an issue as Dave and the spanyardo have hinted at.
"You have not made any mistakes if you find extra pieces after assembling an object. In fact you have just found a way to make the object more efficient."

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2014, 12:09:30 am »
Ill probably only get to 1 or 2 meetings this year due to time and finance, having less than id like of both these days. So the cost of entry really isn't that relevant to me, but I can see how the guys wanting to ride every round could be a little put off by what their annual cost will be. I hope the numbers increase for the club and race days are buzzing with atmosphere, the tail end of last years calendar was seeing very low numbers at a race day which is not great for anyone involved...

Cheers, Brendan
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline Spanish Armada

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2014, 08:08:49 am »
That's all good for you rookie if u haven't got a full license with MV and u said time finance restricted but you will be digging deep the first meeting u go  ::).The point here is maveman  and I r saying is know one from CSC is telling us the second part of the excepted  ::) MV license do we have to pay 90 instead of 60 . If u  post these statements up then be clear for the members on what it's going to cost . Cheers and good luck over and out ;D ;D 8)

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2014, 09:16:37 am »
As a founding member and life member of the Classic Scramble Club, the club needs to reduce the outrageous high entry fees of $90, we are a none profit organization, stop running the club as a business, they are only inter-club meetings and fun club days, not state victorian titles.

Seems to me that no one mentions these things at the AGM or any other club meeting Dave. You are right though. The committee run the club as a business and don't put anything back into the club. No wonder numbers are dropping off.
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline Gippslander

• A-Grade
  • Google "Ancient Greek Sculpture for Kids" 2C more
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2014, 10:34:39 am »
perhaps I should have read my club information more carefully and I could have phoned somebody from the club but I will ask my question here.

I am a CSC member, I have an open/full MA licence and I am coming to the Port Campbell scramble and will do my entry on the day,  what will  my costs be?

Also, the effort that club  officials (and often their family members) put in to organise events including everything from the constant liaising with landowners or clubs for the use of the property or track and getting the first aid people organised and flag marshals and setting out the track and getting the paperwork ready and then dealing with all of the enquiries when perhaps all the officials want to do is "go racing" is really appreciated.

Offline petard

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2014, 08:16:41 pm »
the csc event is run under a aasa permit and has nothing to do with ma/mv except that aasa will allow the ma senior licence which gives those riders insurance cover with aasa.
the entry cost is $90.00 regardless of licence.

albrid-3

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2014, 09:38:01 pm »
Well you have lost me, not because of the amount, which is discussing, because the committee  is so tunnel vision on there own self importance and didn`t consult the members that this entry price rise was going to take place. My resignation as a life member of the CSC just maybe forward to the secretary. 
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 08:29:20 pm by Dave #14 »

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2014, 10:29:28 pm »
My resignation as a life member of the CSC will be forward to the secretary.

I would reconsider that Dave, the landscape may not be one you like the look of at present but seasons change and landscapes can become vastly different to what once was... It would be a shame to revoke such an acknowledgment as a life membership to a club simply because you don't like things as they are. The more members that drop off the less that can vote for change  :-\
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline Spanish Armada

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2014, 12:09:25 am »
So there you go 90 instead of 60 we'll maybe the trophys might be huge this year a 30 dollar increase on last year yes that's going to help numbers rookie .I would say know one from other clubs like Vcm or viper will bother .So the landscape has definatley changed from natural terrain to very steep . ::) 8)

Offline Gippslander

• A-Grade
  • Google "Ancient Greek Sculpture for Kids" 2C more
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2014, 12:29:04 am »
Thanks Petard,    can remember my wage as a paperboy, 10 shillings for the week including Saturday afternoon Herald deliveries, was enough to buy two packets of cigarettes and a bottle of Brandivino,  still can't believe Vozos bottle shop sold grog  and cigarettes to paperboys in the back laneway but there you are bad habits start early, can remember my first pay packet $14.10, spent nearly a third of that on a new pair of Levi's, when I got my first car  super petrol with real lead :-)  was $.17 a litre, can remember when my  wife disappeared and I had two little kids and $12 in the bank  (and no credit cards back then), lucky enough now not to have any real money worries  (and the best ever second wife who has a full-time job  :-) :-)), the trip to Port Campbell is about 880 km there and back and  I'll have to leave Saturday lunchtime to get a good sleep Saturday night and won't make it home Sunday night because I will be to tired so will camp on the side of the road because it sticks in my throat to pay over 100 bucks for a bed, anyway what  I'm trying to say is that although 90 bucks is a fair whack in the scheme of things it's just what you have to pay for things these days, if there were 30 or 40 bikes on the grid in each class then the costs could come down, price we pay for an unpopular sport  (I know I know  I will get trashed for saying that), and  although it's a variation on the old saying "if you're so smart why aren't you rich"  that I still get from my 90-year-old father I reckon that if I was upset about 90 bucks I would get in and do something about it,  anyway enough for now.

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2014, 10:06:24 am »
Well you have lost me, not because of the amount, which is discussing, because the committee  is so tunnel vision on there own self importance and didn`t consult the members that this entry price rise was going to take place. My resignation as a life member of the CSC will be forward to the secretary.

The committee has been that way for a few years now Dave and I don't think it will change anytime soon. Anyone who questions what the CSC committee do is deemed a trouble making whinger even when they put in the hard yards with a helping hand. I was once told by a committee member that the vision for the club was to be an exclusive club that would be on invite only......seems to me they're heading down that path already. It's a club for the good ol boys, not for it's members.
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.