Author Topic: Ohlins bites the Gloucester dust....... :-(  (Read 1968 times)

Offline Nitram

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Ohlins bites the Gloucester dust....... :-(
« on: May 05, 2014, 07:33:45 pm »
Sadly one of my precious Ohlins piggybacks met a sticky end in the scramble for Gloucester's first corner on Saturday, leaving the Can Am with a pretty bouncy and wild ride for the rest of the weekend...........  :'( :'(
I don't suppose anyone has a spare salvagable Ohlins shock body gathering dust in a corner of the shed ? From memory the shock is around 400mm eye to eye, but it could be that the bodies are all the same  :-\ Or is that just wishful thinking .......
Any suggestions ?

Cheers,

Nitram

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Ohlins bites the Gloucester dust....... :-(
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 07:39:05 pm »
You have put cable ties to good use in the past  ;D Some blue tac ? Stick welder ? Super glue? JB Weld ? Drill and tap and put a hose and remote reservior? Last but not least heaven forbid purchase a shiny new set?
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline Nitram

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 07:42:51 pm »
Jeeze Lozza your memory must go back a long way !......... Ken and I did think about a cable tie repair job...........  ;)
But these things cost a motza, and the other one's perfectly good !  Surely someone will have a buggered one in the past and have a half a set still in their shed ????

:) :)
Nitram

Offline Tomas

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 08:53:35 pm »
This place sells all the parts you need (shafts, shock bodies, seal heads, pistons etc.) http://www.husqvarna-parts.com/page/page/3736874.htm 

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 08:17:57 am »
You could probably TIG weld it back together.
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2014, 07:11:50 pm »
Jeeze Lozza your memory must go back a long way !......... Ken and I did think about a cable tie repair job...........  ;)

:) :)
Nitram

You should have never told me   :D :D :D
Jesus only loves two strokes