Author Topic: YZ465 fork racetech emulator tuning  (Read 1977 times)

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
YZ465 fork racetech emulator tuning
« on: April 15, 2014, 06:31:28 pm »
Anybody put a set in there forks? I have used 20wt oil at 120mm as recommended,the yellow emulator spring at 3 turns & the recommended fork springs to suit my weight with 5mm preload.

I have not ridden with them yet but bouncing on them in the workshop they seem to be stiff as shit :-\,
 I am going to ride it to really know for sure how they perform before pulling them apart to adjust the valves & perhaps fit the lighter blue spring.
Anyone have any tuning tips for me,thanks :)

Offline Graham

• A-Grade
  • Fast TT meets Drunks Hill
    • View Profile
Re: YZ465 fork racetech emulator tuning
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 06:23:29 am »
Anybody put a set in there forks? I have used 20wt oil at 120mm as recommended,the yellow emulator spring at 3 turns & the recommended fork springs to suit my weight with 5mm preload.

I have not ridden with them yet but bouncing on them in the workshop they seem to be stiff as shit :-\,
 I am going to ride it to really know for sure how they perform before pulling them apart to adjust the valves & perhaps fit the lighter blue spring.
Anyone have any tuning tips for me,thanks :)

Oil weights to heavy try 5w
Gosh its a shame a slow 4 stroke trail bike can go so Fast !!

Offline YZAT252

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 06:56:04 am »
Changing the preload by adjusting the turns on the emulators adjust compression, I believe lighter oil may help but supposedly only affects the rebound. I have a set in my 250 and have the lighter blue springs and 15w oil and they are still quite firm. I guess you just have to keep trying small adjustments one at a time, I rode at Harrisville on the weekend and it was pretty good but rough tracks or sections I find it too stiff and hard to hang on. I hope Echo Valley is similar to Harrisville....

Offline kim80y

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 08:06:40 pm »
From memory,,You can put another 2 holes in the body f the valve, they are marked to be drilled, this helps wit hthe first part of the stroke and rough stuff. I went light spring, holes drilled and 5w oil, after alot of tuning.

Cheers
Kim