Author Topic: Costs  (Read 6279 times)

Offline lama

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Costs
« on: April 10, 2014, 01:50:40 pm »
Just a quick one , prices for riding and licences seem to be getting more and more are they starting to get to expensive for what most people want to do and that is go and have some fun ( just been told that in the uk more people go to practice tracks than race are we heading in the same direction would like to know where our money goes for our licences ( it's not going into our part of the sport or am I wrong) seems the days of throwing a bike on the old trailer and having a blast with your mates is getting out of reach to some again

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Costs
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 02:24:54 pm »
its a worry allright...

Offline HVA61

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 03:19:03 pm »
If you are a MA licence holder / member you receive annual reports.
If you dont , ring them and ask
Autos are the way forward , see you round like a robot
Take the short cut, go Cross Country
The shortest distance between two points is Cross Country
CCM's and HL's bark like mad dogs

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 04:42:14 pm »
Some say its the mx mums, that's 1/4 of it..

Those people who sued over swinging on Monkey Bars, doing cart wheels, kissing your YR 2 class mate, ride a pushy with no helmet or look at someone in another car at the traffic lights the wrong way.

INSURANCE its to cover the clubs under MA.  :)

Blame the society  :)
Best is in the West !!

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 05:01:36 pm »
Is it really that expensive in the west Club membership either (VMXWA or ClassicMXWA) $80.00

cost of MA licence $290.00

Cost of entry per meeting $30.00, 12 event calendar with VMX only two might cost more than $30.00

So over here in the west very affordable

Just the figures from the West
1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 05:21:08 pm »
GOLF  $$$$$$$
Best is in the West !!

Offline lama

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 05:48:25 pm »
$30 is good Sundays race day is $70 for three , three lap races   Plus practice Ofcourse,insurance from MA is not the best as we found out with Popeye

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2014, 06:12:36 pm »
INSURANCE its to cover the clubs under MA.  :)

insurance from MA is not the best as we found out with Popeye

Sad way to find out... that's why we all need to know before we ride at an MA sanctioned event.
Are you with HBF  ;)  :)
Best is in the West !!

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2014, 06:37:20 pm »
Its sort of the price of glory hey.
I thought as a young teen there was nothing I wanted to do more than race.
Then pussy was discovered, the new found neck to neck just ahead new priority ::)
Then one of the tadpoles got through and fuked every thing ::) ::)
Then I had a family and in-laws, that said well if you cant get race insurance?

Then was then, and now is now
So, yeap get one regoed bike and trail with some buddies, do you have insurance for that?
Or race one bike very affordably unregoed bikes with VMX.

If your priorities cant afford that, get something more affordable, like a women and some little treasures :)
or as Teddles says "work harder"

If you cant do everything and no one can, just nibble at what you can achieve
even if it just racing something else like marbles instead :P ::)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 07:43:52 pm by Mick D »
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline euro bikes

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2014, 06:43:03 pm »
You wonder what the insurance covers, a guy from our club is in hospital with a broken neck got at a dirt track meeting . What is covered.

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2014, 06:53:20 pm »
Just a quick one , prices for riding and licences seem to be getting more and more are they starting to get to expensive for what most people want to do and that is go and have some fun ( just been told that in the uk more people go to practice tracks than race are we heading in the same direction would like to know where our money goes for our licences ( it's not going into our part of the sport or am I wrong) seems the days of throwing a bike on the old trailer and having a blast with your mates is getting out of reach to some again
Its a fair enough question actually

and I guess this is where the explanation is to be found
If you are a MA licence holder / member you receive annual reports.
If you dont , ring them and ask

What sort of cover do you have when you trail ride if you don't have full rego and lisence etc, etc? and how far does it go?

I momentarily thought about buying a giant cottton wool ball, with all the shit that has happened to me recently,
then I realised its just life,,,, I am sure they will notify me when my number is up.

Offline PCMAX

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2014, 07:36:14 pm »
As a HEAVEN club member we pay $40 membership and $70 race entry fee, if you add the $290 MA licence fee and factor in that HEAVEN runs 8 event weekends per year that's an annual cost of $890

I try to take 3 bikes to each event so with the club's 1 bike 2 class rule I am eligible for 12 races on the Sunday, 6 in round 1 & 6 in round 2 and at roughly 4 laps per race that's 48 laps on the Sunday.

Given that HEAVEN events are always 2 days we generally get in about 30 practice laps on the Saturday or if it's a trophy round we're out there racing on Saturday.

Now if you do all of the maths that works out to around $1.42 per lap & when you look at it that way it seems pretty reasonable. Of course you have to add petrol, maintenance, repairs, & beer costs to the total these can blow out to thousands but then again the alternative is to sit at home doing nothing or pursue a more genteel pastime such as croquet.  ;D ::)
74 MX250A, 75 CR250, 82 CR125, 82 YZ250J, 84 XR250,

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2014, 07:42:27 pm »
Now if you do all of the maths that works out to around $1.42 per lap & when you look at it that way it seems pretty reasonable. Of course you have to add petrol, maintenance, repairs, & beer costs to the total these can blow out to thousands but then again the alternative is to sit at home doing nothing or pursue a more genteel pastime such as croquet.  ;D ::)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline hoppy

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2014, 08:03:21 pm »
It is quite expensive I am a member at Mitchell and that's not to bad if you work it over a year with a MA rec licence.
I am looking at joining viper and because I only have a RM250 which qualifies in the post 90's 2 stroke or open post 90's and require a racing licence I don't think I would get value out of it.
Not having a dig at anyone just is the way it is with insurance these days for mx.
I do have a 79 KTM am working on prob do viper with the 2 bikes be better.
I really enjoyed the day up at Monza having a ride & watching the vmx bikes go round I think I will be looking for more days like that.

Rob

Offline mick25

• Legend
  • Hunter valley NSW
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2014, 08:06:32 pm »
Best not to add the costs up  ;) other wise you may start losing interest ( maybe ) ???
Just keep the spending to a level amount  :o