Author Topic: KX 500 Conrod  (Read 2596 times)

Offline Maicoman

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
KX 500 Conrod
« on: March 26, 2014, 01:03:53 PM »
I'm looking for a conrod assembly to suit an 83/84 KX 500. Both Vesrah and Pro-X list a rod kit that will fit 1983-2004. Though if you cross reference a 2004 conrod through Kawasaki it only suits as far back as 1992. Correct me if I'm wrong but how can an aftermarket rod suit such a large range of year models when clearly according to Kawasaki there is a difference in cranks. Looking for some verification from anyone who has used an aftermarket conrod.
Let's face it some dirt bikes were never meant to be ridden.

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
Re: KX 500 Conrod
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 01:55:59 PM »
I'm looking for a conrod assembly to suit an 83/84 KX 500. Both Vesrah and Pro-X list a rod kit that will fit 1983-2004. Though if you cross reference a 2004 conrod through Kawasaki it only suits as far back as 1992. Correct me if I'm wrong but how can an aftermarket rod suit such a large range of year models when clearly according to Kawasaki there is a difference in cranks. Looking for some verification from anyone who has used an aftermarket conrod.

Have you got anyone to get onto the ProX suppliers and ask such question?
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline Tomas

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 03:17:25 PM »
It can simply be just a typo. Here are some conrod dimension  http://www.mitaka.co.uk/MDP.htm    As you can see KX 250 for example lists one con rod for all years. And it may just apply to KX 500 as well. What can change over years is crank shaft dimension (O/D etc) but rod may stay the same.

Offline Maicoman

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 06:59:12 PM »
Thanks for the replies and information. I will try to contact the suppliers directly and see what I can find out.
Cheers Brooksie.

Offline Maicoman

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 07:50:20 AM »
Thanks for the link Dave. I have managed to source a half used Versra kit because the seller had already taken out the big end bearing and pin which I already had. After pulling apart my spare crank which seemed ok I found small grooving on the inside of the bearing surface on the rod and a few other marks. I'm a little dubious on 2nd hand crank assemblies. You really don't know how good a crank is unless you press it apart. Facing a similar scenario with my PE 400 crank.