Author Topic: learnt behaviour  (Read 2386 times)

maxvmx

learnt behaviour
« on: March 23, 2014, 04:43:53 pm »
I’ve got to share this, does anyone else have a mut that leaves the shed when they see a kick start lever being pulled out? My lab (Ralph) can’t leave the garage quick enough when I reach for the kick lever – he’s OK with me working on a bike or even sitting on it but if he thinks it’s going to start, he’d outa there!!

Offline Lewis

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: learnt behaviour
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 05:14:14 pm »
Yep, also the vacuum cleaner and also knows when I put on my cap it's walk time.

Offline 2 shocks

• A-Grade
  • Gods Country !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 06:21:24 pm »
Yes we have one too. Ours is a German Shepherd which was a rescue dog from the Keysborough kennels, has been abused in his past life and although we have had him 4yrs now, he still gets spooked when anything loud is happening, claws his way into the house via the screen door when the bike is about to be started and also the chainsaw etc etc and also hates thunder, but he has got a little bit better over the years  :D

Mrs Maico #54

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 06:37:32 pm »
My rescue Jack Russell Reggie isn't the least bit bothered by bikes or the noise but the very sight of my car freaks him out. He was dumped in the mountains under a milk crate when he was a puppy so my vet seems to think that Reg thinks that every car trip might lead to an unhappy ending like the one when he was dumped.  I bought one of those robot vacuum cleaners and he loves the bloody thing, it's way more fun than chasing a ball....he barks, jumps up and down like a Jack in the Box and runs circles around it with his little tail wagging like all buggery but if the thing actually touches him he's outa there, straight back into his doggie bed. Dogs are so cool.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Tony T

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2014, 06:40:36 pm »
My little fella seems to like loud noises.  :o
e.g. this arvo I'm playing bass with the amp cranked and sitting right in front of it!
He also sits close to the gate when I've got anything running in the shed.
Weirdo.......  ;D

Offline Kane Mcguire

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2014, 06:58:16 pm »
Dogs are funny when you come home pissed and you start talking to them. They seem to know somethings not quite right!

Offline pmc57

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2014, 07:05:40 pm »
When we're getting ready to go out, as soon as I say to the wife "are you ready", he (toy poodle) gets up out of his indoor bed and walks out the back door to his outdoor bed, we don't have to say a word to him, that's his learnt behaviour!

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2014, 07:07:38 pm »
"Dogs are funny when you come home pissed and you start talking to them. They seem to know somethings not quite right!"

they sure do! ;D

my whippet does a runner as soon as you start unwrapping anything... took me a while to figure out the crackling of an icecream wrapper was usually followed by a "pop" when you squeeze em open.

Bro in laws mutt throws a complete flip at mobile phone rings...couldn't figure it out until he asked the wife (who took the dog everywhere in the car) do you turn of the motion alarm in the car when you leave him in there....???

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2014, 11:06:03 pm »
Yeah my little Foxy Jack Russell is a funny dog doesn't care about bikes to much gets away but not to worried hates the vacuum.

It is funny though he knows what I am saying but just does what he wants he is older now so he just does what he wants fair enough I spose but you only need to click his lead and he will come running.

They are great company and fun once I took him to my shed and because that is the way that he goes for a walk most nights even though I took him by car he has figured out where he was decided I was a bit boring and he would piss off back home to bed. I was very worried when he was gone I locked up got in the ute eventually found him at the back gate of my house.

He doesn't go to the shed any more because even though it is a lock up yard he can fit under the gate.
1971 tm400 and PE's