Author Topic: VMX coaching clinic at Fairbairn Park 24 July 2008  (Read 4789 times)

VMX coaching clinic at Fairbairn Park 24 July 2008
« on: June 18, 2008, 10:50:21 am »
Just getting the word out about a one day coaching clinic being held at Fairbairn Park, ACT on Thursday 24 July by the FastMX coaching school run by local hotshoe Matt Haskins. 

Matt's prepared a flyer with the details but its too large to upload.  If interested in taking part, pm me and I'll email the flyer to you.  Then if you want to come, email Matt direct.  Cost for the day is $80, and he'll accept payment on the day.

I know the timing's not great, just after the Crawford Classic, but can't be helped for other reasons.  But if you really want to improve your race skills and confidence, coaching is for sure the quickest way to do it. 

Plus - wait for it - you'll get to meet and spend quality time with VMXMAN himself, the founding father of OzVMX!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: VMX coaching clinic at Fairbairn Park 24 July 2008
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 11:35:13 am »
Ou family has been to a coaching clinic,and they are the best thing since sliced bread.
You learn so many new and different tecnics ;D Even at 80 you can still be learning.
Well worth every cent.

ps for those of us that are not overly new at VMX, who is the founder of OZVMX,(suppose its in the history page ::).
Best is in the West !!

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 09:15:45 am »
The founder is the venerable Graeme McElligott, resident of the ACT and pre-78 racer extrordinaire.  I remember him saying to us locals at a race meet one day that what was missing was a non-commercial website/forum to allow all aussie and o/s vmx'ers get together online.  We all said yeah yeah.  Well, he went ahead and plumped down the cash for a dedicated URL and web space and got it going, and its gone gangbusters ever since. 

He's done us all a great service that at times I can tell you is very trying for him in terms of time and effort (especially in the 'forum moderation' department...).

BTW, the site has a facility to allow for donations which i encourage all to consider.  Just think where you'd be without your daily dose of OzVMX - it doesn't bear thinking about!

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 08:50:20 pm »
Yes well...

Anyways, the FastMX coaching day sounds like a lot of fun. Here's the flyer for it.

http://www.ozvmx.com/whatson/act-fastmx.pdf

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2008, 09:57:11 pm »
aaahhh, so he is man of many talents. ;D
enjoy your coaching day,never to old to learn ;)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 12:01:11 pm by vmx247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 08:16:23 pm »
Any of you local guys interested? We need to confirm with Matt pretty soon I think. Gezza and I are definite starters, but if we can't get any more vintage riders we might have to open it up to any dog slow Over 35s who might need some coaching.

This is a great opportunity to get some decent tuition. I'm hoping to learn how to actually get my back wheel off the ground over the jumps...

Mark Austin

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 10:12:35 pm »
I'm keen on some coaching...
Let me know the details later.
Cheers,
Mark.

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2008, 11:55:09 am »
mark, see flyer attached to graeme's post above, and let us know (sooner rather than later) if you'll be coming. espec if weather is nice, be a damn fine day.

Offline Snowy 76

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2008, 07:13:29 pm »
Cant say for sure , but if I can get rid of the latest racing accessorys I`ve picked up {crutches} I`ll be there?
Couple of CR`s

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2008, 10:17:40 pm »
What happened Mark, did Kembla bite ya?

Offline Stewart Allen

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2008, 11:14:29 pm »
You need to move quick when your a pedestrian at Kembla or you get run over.
CHEERS STEWART

Doing it to old things is fun
# 74 Heaven
IT490 Will be going one day soon
CR125M
SL175 bitza
IT250D needs work
CR250RE Not going as yet
YZ125F

Mark Austin

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2008, 11:41:57 pm »
Hi Graeme,

Yeah, something bit... I've been having some fun in dirt track and MX since last years CRC. So I thought I would get some expert tuition to get me back into the groove again. You know what they say - "doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity".

Mt Kembla was a lot of fun - even without the big hills of "the willows" and the back section over the old coal mines.

I'm keen to do the MX one and I'm also going out to a coaching school this weekend at Nepean. Both of them should be a lot of fun.

Cheers,
Mark

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2008, 06:34:54 am »
I think I read they are having a DT coaching school in Canberra on July 12 with the coach (Paul Caslick) hanging around for advice on the 13th which is a race day. I wouldn't mind doing that one myself. This MX one should be good value though, we are going to keep the numbers to a max of 6 if we can (which is looking likely so far!) so we'll get really personalised attention and plenty of track time.

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2008, 10:00:18 am »
case of too many mark's.  birkett, what's with the crutches?  whatever it is, get yerself fixed for next act round then join us for the coaching sesh with mr austin.

Offline Snowy 76

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2008, 10:38:44 am »
Now I`am confussed, let me check, Pain in Right knee, crutches leaning against office desk. Yes bitten at Mt Kembla. Post 125 race after lunch. Just a simple front end slip and wasn`t on the ground long before another Honda ran straight over the top of me! Nothing broken, knee still too swolen to know if any major damage was done. Time will tell?
Couple of CR`s