Author Topic: TROY BAYLISS MOTO EXPO BRISBANE RNA  (Read 5802 times)

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
TROY BAYLISS MOTO EXPO BRISBANE RNA
« on: March 19, 2014, 06:35:32 pm »
Just reminding everybody that the MOTO EXPO is on this weekend at the RNA [EKKA] Showgrounds. They have lots of everything motorcycling, best of all QVMX have secured a 20x3 metre stand to display our VMX booty to all the un educated people out there. The star of the whole show will be George Jobe's 1984 works SR500 Kawasaki that he came second in the world 500 GP's on. Only a few have seen this bike in Aus. There is racing Saturday afternoon/night on the speedway track, similar to the Troy Bayliss Classic, 5 groups of 4 riders [Bayliss, Gall, Crump, Vermillion, McCoy, Caslick, Armstrong, Kirkness, Bugden to name a few] and there is a Classic Group [up to pre90] as well to show them what 2 strokes sound like. I'm told there will be a jump, ala TT style. So come along and say gidday, anyone who can lend a hand you can give me a ring on, 0412 747 729, cheers John.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline Robo 47

• C-Grade
  • Green bikes rule
    • View Profile
    • QVMX
Re: TROY BAYLISS MOTO EXPO BRISBANE RNA
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 07:30:36 pm »
And the mighty 89 kx500 that won the 2013 Conondale Classic ridden by Darryl King. LOL.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 10:38:51 pm »
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 02:05:24 pm by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 02:21:17 pm »
All I can say is WOW, it's going to be huge , our stand is in a great place, the boys where cutting some laps, very professional setup. Don't miss it. 

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 11:21:40 pm »
I know talking to yourself is the first sign of insanity, but I'm not about writing to yourself. We put 19 bikes on display covering from pre60 to pre90. Even a orange shopping trolley. Saturday is the big day but there's stuff going on all the time, trials stunt riders, free style MX, more new/old bikes than you could poke a stick at, accessories galore, like I said before, very professional, there is millions of dollars of bikes on display, Yamaha have 2 stands, one has a hundred bikes in it. The new Huskies are cool, there's those side by side machines, lots of different types of those cafĂ© racer style bikes, you name it , it's there. The building it is in is all new, 2 stories, very flash, the manufacturer's are upstairs....mega dollars, us poor people are downstairs. Do yourself a favour and check it out. By the way, that George Jobe SR500 on display is the bike that he jumped over Andre Mahlerbe  on at Hawkstone Park in 1984.....that's the most famous MX photo ever taken....check it out, you may never see it again....you can even see the boot scuff marks on the seat he made getting on it. 

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2014, 05:23:24 pm »
By the way, that George Jobe SR500 on display is the bike that he jumped over Andre Mahlerbe  on at Hawkstone Park in 1984.....that's the most famous MX photo ever taken

Best is in the West !!

Offline bishboy

• Legend
  • Toowoomba
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2014, 05:40:12 pm »
Which I was able to go, sounds like a great event.

What's the reason behind Jobe's bike being on display, does someone in Australia one it?

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2014, 08:34:42 pm »
Which I was able to go, sounds like a great event.

What's the reason behind Jobe's bike being on display, does someone in Australia one it?
Yes it is owned by a qvmx member..

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Best is in the West !!

Offline PEZBerq

• Legend
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2014, 08:29:46 pm »
Great display by QVMX at the motorcycle show in Brisbane today. Lots of tasty machines. Well done ;D Haven't been to a show for yonks ......lots of good deals on MX gear and road gear. Saw the legends interviewed prior to the dirt track. Bayliss drew a great line up again of stars. Pity I couldn't stay and watch them race  :(
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 09:59:42 am by PEZBerq »
Husqvarnas: 78 390AMX, 82 430XC, 84 240WR, 84 500AE, 84 510TE, 87 510TE

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2014, 11:18:02 pm »
Just got home, awesome day/night.....what a brilliant idea, bike show during the day with stunt riders and plenty to see/do.....then racing at night. Our QVMX stand was very popular, the 5 VMX riders that raced [Brad VanBarrelo, Johnny Kittle, Steve Freyberg, Steve Wastell and Jack McMahon] put on an awesome display, Wasty was geeing up the crowd after the second race [I think he thought he was a 18 year old freestyler...LOL....not a 50 odd year old]. I have been to a lot of different type of motosport events over the years and this is right up the top. There where plenty of people today, it's still on toomorow if you want to go. I hope Troy makes plenty of money so he can keep doing these events....there where people from as far away as Cairns to Canberra.....if one comes your way go and support it.....the only bike manufacturer not there was HONDA, scabby bastards. I love those new Indians and the KTM 700RR Adventure bike that's made by Dalby Moto up here in sunny QLD. The crumpet was good too. ;D

Offline SlideRulz

• A-Grade
  • Not anti social just anti idiot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2014, 11:39:43 pm »
Sounds purpose built for the new Syd Showgrownd as part of the Easter Show.
Just thinking out loud.

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2014, 10:19:24 am »
 The crumpet was good too. ;D
[/quote]

We're they doing breakfast as well 8)
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline Rosco86

• A-Grade
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2014, 09:16:31 pm »
Reckon Crumpy would have been happier to stay on his speedway bike, after completing 2 sets of 3 laps, he lined up in about the 4th race with the dirt trackers. Went into turn 2 trying to move from 2nd to 1st. Had the big 450 power sliding well till she lost traction, spun him round seeing another 3 x 450s coming straight for him. One missed 2 didn't. All ok but it took about 10 minutes to prise the bikes apart. Could have been a real bad one. Really need to appreciate how hard these guys are going not just putting on a show.
Funny one of the night was Gally pulling a mono, hitting the finish line plastic post upright and coming down on his backside, right in front of the big grand stand. Lots of laughs and he seemed to take it in his stride by waving to all to finish his parade lap. Only two little downers was the PA system which took quite a while to get tuned in. Perhaps also  a variety of race formats may have been good. Perhaps a one on one, winner stays in and loser retires to the pit, maybe a handicap.
Boys did a great job as they would not have got much time for a rest.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2014, 10:09:08 pm »
That's not exactly what happened to Gally Rosco..
He was waving to the crowd on the parade lap and was coat hangered by the low hanging transponder cable above the track which then ripped him off the bike! He was not happy about it!
I could see it flash just above my helmet every lap and I wasn't comfortable with it either..