Author Topic: CHEAPER ENTRY FEES  (Read 3412 times)

Offline petard

• Novice
    • View Profile
CHEAPER ENTRY FEES
« on: March 12, 2014, 03:56:43 pm »
SUBJECT: CLASSIC SCRAMBLING CAN BE AFFORDABLE.
Peter Ellard President of the Classic Scramble Club said today.
“The Classic Scramble Club will be running all future series club events under the AASA insurance scheme.
We have taken this action to make classic scrambling more affordable to riders” he said.
“Currently the cost of classic scrambling for riders is becoming cost prohibitive and this has serious consequences on organizing clubs with rider numbers dropping.
Clubs cannot be continually forced into putting up entry fees because of outside influences.
Taking this action we are certain that we can cut entry fees and therefore attract more riders into our sport, by simply making it affordable” he said.
“The only outside cost is a one off $50.00 annual license fee payable to AASA which riders must have before entering and a $90.00 entry fee payable to the CSC for organized club events. Whilst most running costs will remain the same the biggest savings will be made by dropping all or part of the $55.00 one day license fee and the $290.00 annual and the rider $11.00 levy from the current entry costs to riders” he said.
“The Classic Scramble Club will not be ceasing its’ affiliation with Motorcycling Victoria as we see MV as a very vital resource for competitive motor cycling in Victoria, this also gives our members another aspect to compete in other clubs organized events which will provide funds to MV” he concluded

Author Peter Ellard (President)   

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
Re: CHEAPER ENTRY FEES
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 04:10:04 pm »
So clarify, once the annual $50 AASA membership is paid, a standard CSC race round will cost $90?
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 04:26:46 pm »
And if other clubs get-onboard with AASA you can use the same licence with them  :-)  Finally I see motorcycle sport moving ahead.
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 04:37:19 pm »
And if other clubs get-onboard with AASA you can use the same licence with them  :-)  Finally I see motorcycle sport moving ahead.

Yes will be interesting to see if Viper and the VCM also look into this way of operating....

Cheers, Brendan
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline XR

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 04:48:16 pm »
CSC Entry fee $90.00??     VCM entry fee is $55.00  Five rounds and you have paid for your MA licence with the savings and you can ride VCM  and Viper 

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 05:34:28 pm »
VCM is not a club but an MV sanctioned register. J

Offline Viper666

• Legend
  • "Yes I bought THAT number plate" so sue me!
    • View Profile
    • Ballarat Rovers MCC
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2014, 07:28:29 pm »
Thank the Lord for Melbourne Bitter, anti-inflamatory drugs & an understanding wife.
YZ80H, YZ100G, YZ125E, YZ125F, YZ125G, YZ250D, YZ250E, YZ250F, YZ250G, YZ250H, YZ400F, IT125G, IT250K & a, a, a,      CRF250X???????    

How the FUG did that sh*tbox Honda get in here?

Offline popeye

• Legend
  • 1-2-3 wheel's l don't care...All good fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2014, 07:39:53 pm »
What does the AASA Insurance cover you for??  Is it permanent disability and death only or if I break my leg you get some sort of cover??
IN IT FOR THE FUN OF IT. LIKE MR NIKE SAYS JUST DO IT.

Offline petard

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2014, 08:08:58 pm »
the $90 is the cost for one club event.
the $55.00 would only cover the one day comp licence what also needs to be included is the $11.00 rider levy then there needs to be included an allowance for first aid payment, rental for the venue and hire of toilets etc. with rider numbers falling $55.00 would not cover all the other expenses.
aasa insurance cover is for public liability and personal accident check details on their web site.
petard 

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2014, 10:12:45 pm »
What does the AASA Insurance cover you for??  Is it permanent disability and death only or if I break my leg you get some sort of cover??

AASA's cover for 4-wheeled motorsport is line-ball with CAMS'. I assume what they offer for 2-wheeled motorsport is comparable to what MA offers.
AASA makes an effort to get claims sorted quickly, rather than try to drag them out.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Andrew L

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2014, 03:45:15 pm »
Haven't been on here for a while and must of missed all the clubs info on this change but have a few queries.

Last year the MA structured entry was from memory $60.00 per event, license $290.00 for an annual one, total cost with seven rounds $710.00 and the bonus to do other events with other clubs and the nationals.

New structure is $90.00 for an entry plus $50.00 for annual license, total cost for the seven rounds $680.00, if you do other clubs events or nationals extra $55.00 for day license equals $735.00 and rising.

May be beneficial to the people who don't do every round I suppose but not to me. Doesn't add up to me but maybe I'm looking at it wrongly would be pleased to be proven wrong.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 04:12:39 pm by mavman4200p »
"You have not made any mistakes if you find extra pieces after assembling an object. In fact you have just found a way to make the object more efficient."