Author Topic: Work overseas / thread closed  (Read 9778 times)

maxvmx

Work overseas / thread closed
« on: March 09, 2014, 08:13:20 pm »
At the risk of being high level philosophical about this, the one thing we can do is ask for a receipt for all goods and services we receive. I know we all enjoy mates rates and cashies every so often but now is now and some people / groups / cultures are making more out of it than mates or a fair go ever fore saw. We’ve hit an iceberg ehere’s no sugar  coating that, the least we can do is think where we’d like our grand kids to be – sorry for the philosophical

Simo63

Re: Work overseas / thread closed
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 08:40:39 pm »
Wha?

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 09:31:42 pm »
?
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 09:52:36 pm »
I've always said that... 8)
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 10:22:26 pm »
Ta, exactly what I need,,
a thread that makes me feel like I am sane 8)
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 09:50:33 am »
And there I was thinking I drank too much......
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline kdx Geoff

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 11:02:55 am »

Ahh yes, the cash economy.....

Don't worry, the GST will knock that on the head !

http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/stories/s132725.htm

Transcript
30/5/2000
Will the GST stem the cash economy?

MAXINE McKEW: One of the major selling points Federal Treasurer Peter Costello developed in his bid to win the public over to the Government's tax reform agenda was the claim that a GST would pick up tax evasion in the cash economy.

Unlike other countries that have introduced a GST, Australia has combined the new tax with a series of business tax reforms designed to clamp down on undeclared cash deals.

Now, only five weeks before the introduction of the GST, opinions are sharply divided over that claim.

Some believe it will be so effective in picking up undeclared income, especially in the small business sector, that tax receipts to the Commonwealth will be billions of dollars higher than the Budget estimates.

Others believe though that far from eliminating the black economy, the GST will cause an explosion in cash transactions.

We all know what happened.

Buying kdx air cooled drum brake unitrak bikes and parts

Offline BAHNZY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2014, 12:19:13 pm »
Ta, exactly what I need,,
a thread that makes me feel like I am sane 8)

Im with you on this one. Ever tried to;
- Buy a tyre from a second hand tyre dealer and pay with a card or get a receipt.
- Go to a food court in a shopping centre and pay with a card or get a receipt.
- Get a receipt when you pay cash at any sort of building related business.
- Go to a market of any size anywhere in Australia and ask for reciept for the items purchased.
and dont get me started on Carnies.....
Rod (BAHNZY) Bahn

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2014, 12:39:41 pm »
Food courts are an interesting case, they are 'taxed' worse than anyone by shopping centre owners. Till has to be connected to centre management, rent is calculated on turn over, your required to do fit outs by contractors appointed by the owner and last but not least your required to update the shop at the owners request. Which is why you just find chain stores staffed by kids in shopping centres everywhere except the food court.
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline Sorelegs11

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2014, 04:17:44 pm »
AHH the old not fair Koala Bear!  ::)

Remember this one, " Its only a rort if your not involved"

I hope we're all declairing any profit we make on our bikes.  ;)
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.

Offline Lewis

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2014, 04:47:37 pm »
there are legal ways of reducing your chunk of tax,you just need to look around and find them unless you're happy paying it to the ATO. People will always avoid paying tax,don't get annoyed,get smarter.

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2014, 08:10:50 pm »
Who's name and A.B.N. do you expect to get on the tax invoice.
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2014, 08:44:17 pm »
A bit of cash is the grease in the gears of the economy. Sooner or later it gets taxed, but in the mean time it goes around and greases a few gears. Think of it as a stimulus package. Fred the chippy get's a cash job. he can't bank it, so he buy's the wife some new white goods and tax gets paid. The rest he pays the panel beater to finally get his car painted. So the panel beater has some cash that he gives to the motor trimmer to get the new bimmini on his boat. The motor trimmer takes his wife on a holiday and saves his marriage, he also stimulates the tourist industry and his money get's taxed. So the Government has got it's cut. Unfortunately they like to tax it ten times as it goes around rather than six.

Offline Sorelegs11

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2014, 08:54:43 am »
Well said.
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2014, 09:04:35 am »
A bit of cash is the grease in the gears of the economy. Sooner or later it gets taxed, but in the mean time it goes around and greases a few gears. Think of it as a stimulus package. Fred the chippy get's a cash job. he can't bank it, so he buy's the wife some new white goods and tax gets paid. The rest he pays the panel beater to finally get his car painted. So the panel beater has some cash that he gives to the motor trimmer to get the new bimmini on his boat. The motor trimmer takes his wife on a holiday and saves his marriage, he also stimulates the tourist industry and his money get's taxed. So the Government has got it's cut. Unfortunately they like to tax it ten times as it goes around rather than six.

I'm with you there....It all goes around the complete circle eventually. We pay tax every time we buy anything from a shop or grocery store.
When the GST came in, the wholesale tax of the then 10% was supposed to be removed. It didn't happen. We ended up with a double tax on just about everything.
The bit that really gets under my skin is the ATO always go after the little business for every cent they can get out of it while people with gazillions like Rinehart and co whinge and moan about how much they have to pay the work force while they pay as little tax as is possible. They dig a big friggin hole in the ground, pull out the good stuff, sell it overseas and then complain about having to pay tax for the mess they make of the landscape while they make more money in a week than most of us will ever see in a lifetime.
Let cashies continue to keep the wheels greased I say, before we end up with the cashless economy the bastards want.
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.