Author Topic: Yamaha tls front forks and wheel  (Read 883 times)

Offline Tim37

• C-Grade
  • Its an investment ...had to buy it !
    • View Profile
Yamaha tls front forks and wheel
« on: March 04, 2014, 04:06:59 pm »
Hi I am looking for another pair of 43mm Yamaha forks and tls front wheel with tripple clamps etc 0466 801 020 thanks Tim or a ktm tls front end

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
Re: Yamaha tls front forks and wheel
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 09:00:39 am »
The KTM TLS only came with the USD forks , If your retro fitting the Yamaha forks to another bike there overal lengh is shorter than most. I look on Mikes Swap meet for a set and be prepared to pay good money to get a set.
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline Tim37

• C-Grade
  • Its an investment ...had to buy it !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 10:45:54 am »
Hi, thanks for the reply , I had an 84 ktm exc 300 with  42 mm conventional forks and a tls ktm front brake ,but that was 20 odd years ago and I could not be sure if it was factory but I thought it was ....
The Yamaha forks are short but thats good as I am lowering this 81 a little for tight vinduro work and fitting Sachs Hydrocross 10mm shorter ,some of the last twin shock bikes were getting a little too tall ?
I have a couple of 81 gs Maicos and they are  too tall as well ....so I have a 79 frame to build a Franken enduro bike ....smaller and better in the corners ...

HeavenVMX

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 12:00:33 pm »
The KTM TLS only came with the USD forks , If your retro fitting the Yamaha forks to another bike there overal lengh is shorter than most. I look on Mikes Swap meet for a set and be prepared to pay good money to get a set.
'84 250 MXC has 41.5mm conventional forks with TLS front wheel. Also had TLS rear brake.

Bike is water cooled and linkage rear does that mean anything anymore?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 06:37:17 pm by HeavenVMX »