Author Topic: Maxima Racing Oils & BOLT ~ 2014 Australian Post Classic Championships  (Read 35919 times)

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Maxima Racing Oils & BOLT ~ 2014 Australian Post Classic Championships
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2014, 05:45:36 pm »
Kev, I am aware scrutineering starts on the Friday, with racing Sat and Sun. Is it OK to turn up Thursday arvo for interstaters just as it was at the Wyaralong Classic Nats?
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline YZAT252

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2014, 09:15:55 pm »
Guys, only my second year in VMX and looking forward to this event, just have a question regarding scrutineering. I have been told that I need to have a guard between the chain and rear sprocket, others have said no, only countershaft sprocket cover is required (which I have) can someone with the correct answer confirm which is correct please? I don't want to get there and not get a start because the bike fails scrutineering, I was told at a recent ride to replace my helmet because there was a couple of marks and slight surface rust on the buckle so I expect they are going to be pretty tough on us? All comments and opinion welcome but a comment from an official would be great to put my mind at ease, thanks guys!

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2014, 09:37:09 pm »
Front and rear sprocket. Rear one something similar to a modern will keep them happy.
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline YZAT252

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2014, 09:41:48 pm »
Thanks Ted, will have to manufacture something I guess....

Offline foxy999

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2014, 10:10:40 pm »
QVMX advise the Eligibility Scrutineer for the 2014 Post Classic Motocross Championship is David Tanner. For any further information regarding this event please head to our website www.qvmx.com.au contact details regarding your Eligibility queries are on the web site. Questions regarding bikes and eligibility will be kept off the forum for clarity and will be answered in a timely manner.

References and comments regarding 2014 Post Classic Motocross Championship on this forum are not necessarily endorsed by QVMX unless posted by the Club Secretary.

Entry forms can be also accessed via our website.

Regards

Brian Fox
Secretary QVMX
My fastest lap is the first one :)

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2014, 10:12:41 am »
The helmet thing = grrrrr.
Small marks on the shell or damage to the gel coat should NOT be reasons for a knock back. Ditto minor surface rust on chrome plated buckles.

To knock back or hassle competitors for these things, shows a lack of knowledge of how a helmet works, and a lack of knowledge of what the actual signs of damage are.
Few scrutineers actually get to see the real signs, because it is so rare for a competitor to present such a helmet...

The old saying about "dropping a helmet onto the ground can ruin it" is 99% bullshit - unless it had a bowling ball inside it at the time. Dropping an empty helmet onto the ground presents a small risk of structural damage to the hard outer shell - structural damage to the shell can usually be seen and/or felt.

The buckle obviously does an important job. But you have to stop and ask yourself whether some surface rust on a D-ring is compromising its strength... The whole assembly is MASSIVELY stronger than the person inside it (ref Marco Simoncelli...).

There is a reason why most helmet scrutiny is nothing more than checking for a standards sticker, and obvious faults. ;)
Anything more is virtually doomed to being a witch-hunt - the real problems are hidden, so the scrutineers pick on irrelevant nonsense instead.

Checking for wear and a proper fit would be a million times more productive and relevant than complaining about chips out of the gel-coat....

Sorry for the rant, but it's been a significant irritation in the car motorsport for me for the last twenty years - the bike world had escaped most of the nonsense, but I see it creeping in.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2014, 03:31:59 pm »
Guys, only my second year in VMX and looking forward to this event, just have a question regarding scrutineering. I have been told that I need to have a guard between the chain and rear sprocket, others have said no, only countershaft sprocket cover is required (which I have) can someone with the correct answer confirm which is correct please? I don't want to get there and not get a start because the bike fails scrutineering, I was told at a recent ride to replace my helmet because there was a couple of marks and slight surface rust on the buckle so I expect they are going to be pretty tough on us? All comments and opinion welcome but a comment from an official would be great to put my mind at ease, thanks guys!

Subject to approval from the Club who own the track (Twmba MXC) we will be permitting competitors into the track from the Thursday.  If there is a problem with this we will let you know on this forum ASAP.  If nothing is posted it is OK.

The general scrutineering items are not handled by the Eligibility Scrutineer.  They are handled by the scrutineers, any problems will be referred to the level four chief scrutineer.

1.  All bikes and sidecars must have a front sprocket cover
2.  All bikes and sidecars must have a rear sprocket cover.  This should really be reffered to as a chain guide.  If your chain guide is like a modern bike which restricts your fingers being drawn into the rear sprocket that is what is required.
3.  If your helmet has rust on the buckle it could be knocked back.  Scratches in the paint probably won't be a problem, but if they are into the gel coat they could be knocked back.  There are several good bike shops in Toowoomba within ten minutes of the track.  Clean any rust of the buckle if it isn't into the chrome it could be ok.  Sweat contains salt which rusts chrome.  Check your helmet before you come up here.
4.  Please make sure you have your class indentification letter on your number plates.

Kevin
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2014, 03:36:10 pm »
Thank you John I think you have hit the nail on the head.

Also I have organised a Post Classic bike/rider school at Echo Valley three weeks before the Championships. 

Please check this post for info.  http://forum.ozvmx.com/index.php?topic=33797.0

If you are interested let me know or post on the above thread.

Kevin

I apologise If I am pushing this a bit.  I just need to know how many riders will attend the school.  It will determine how much track prep I arrange etc.  Just an expression of interest will give me an idea of how many.

Kevin

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Best is in the West !!

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2014, 12:20:10 pm »
To agree with Nathan here. But yes as a boilermaker some lite rust from sweat on the buckles is just BS, to knock back a helemet because of this shows ignorance. What training do they have to inspect your helement? If anything they a need a density prope to check if the inner helement has not been compacted.
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2014, 12:27:06 pm »
ENTRIES CLOSE IN TWO WEEKS
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 12:41:40 pm by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline popeye

• Legend
  • 1-2-3 wheel's l don't care...All good fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2014, 09:48:45 pm »
Just watched your utube link Alison, loved it....
IN IT FOR THE FUN OF IT. LIKE MR NIKE SAYS JUST DO IT.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2014, 12:12:00 pm »
Just watched your utube link Alison, loved it....

Have a look at this Aussie cracker of Weipa.I think it might be Geoff Ballard at 3.21 min mark in the back of the ute with a Phil ____  ??
Terry Davis has uploaded these to youtube,wonder where he is now days  :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_t5AKZx_-o
Best is in the West !!

Offline Kenneth S (222)

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Sydney, Australia
    • View Profile
    • 24 Hour T-shirts
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2014, 07:33:28 am »
Just put my entry in. Nice easy system. Really looking forward to this one.
Kenneth S
Go For It

Heaven VMX Club - Racing No 222 - 79 CR250RZ - 84 CR250RE (Steam Train) - 89 CR250RK

Race Bike History
76 RM125A, 77 RM125B, 78 RM125C, RM400C, 79 CR250RZ, 80 YZ250G, 81 RM465X, 82-83 RM490 Frank Pons Special(Beetle's 81 Race Bike)

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2014, 10:24:38 am »
Kev, I am aware scrutineering starts on the Friday, with racing Sat and Sun. Is it OK to turn up Thursday arvo for interstaters just as it was at the Wyaralong Classic Nats?

Toowoomba MX club are OK with camping from Thursday.