Author Topic: Legends Dinner not seeing enough support...  (Read 5727 times)

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
Legends Dinner not seeing enough support...
« on: February 15, 2014, 12:15:27 am »
Some pretty disappointed hard working people at the moment, feel for them.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/432833203504761?slog=790159783&seq=365293856&rk=0&fbtype=69
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline gdr

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Dinner not seeing enough support...
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 12:21:12 am »
AS I DON'T HAVE FACE BOOK WHATS THE PROBLEM
HONDA THE POWER OF DREAMS

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 12:32:17 am »

Sorry I didn't think you would have to be on Facebook to view this link, this posted up on "Mr Motocross Legends and Stars Dinner" page tonight.

Author: Roscoe Holden

I tell you what people it might be Valentines Day , but F--cken Pissed Off no one wants to have dinner with the 7 Legends, are you serious, a Once in a lifetime deal.
Every bit of that has shattered me know one has bid on any on the 7, complete disrespect to all and any and as a person that has given 2 yrs to make this event , and the LEGENDS ,how could I not think the loyal so called Mr MX Heads which there is 1870 in this group enjoying the photos and post's wouldnt bid. You don't want to know the money I have put forward without profit accept make it a success, disappointment I cant describe.

Happy Valentines Day I will ring and not looking forward to telling the 7 Legends tomorrow them know one wants to have dinner with them.I cant even imagine. Embarrassed Yep! They are why Im running this Event, they are Mr Motocross LEGENDS! I will need to all weekend plus how I consider another $14,000 that has contributed to the HOLE. Have a Nice Weekend! Shattered after seeing so many shares and more. No photos for a while until I decipher who and what's real, might just delete this group. — with Stephen Gall and 5 others.
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

Offline Branchy

• B-Grade
  • husky 400 cross
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 07:57:19 am »
must have something to do with valentines day falling on a full moon
what a crock of *h#t might be a 'once in a lifetime' deal for you buddy but most of us are working out cost's and commitments to even get there
and you wonder why there not more input from all the other's who love their vmx and bike's  this combined with the ' i'm out ' (fearless leader) post  baaahhhhhhhh, im going to eat some more mango's and contemplate my navel
maybe a trip to gloucester for those boy'z really know how to throw a party ps dont mention dungog (must be some old footy rivalry)

Offline gdr

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2014, 08:09:55 am »
$700 TO TAKE THE FAMILY , YOUR JOKING ROSS

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2014, 10:10:08 am »
Without trying to be smart.
Just because it's one man's passion to do this doesn't mean it's for everyone. Given the number of VMX events falling over lately mostly for financial reason you have to ask yourself about the timing and cost.
I know Ross has work very hard on this and put his own money up as well. There has been huge behind the scenes effort to get new trophies etc. I hope it comes off. I have been surprised by the lack of interest by the people who were actually there in the day running MR MX. Again just because it's one mans passion doesn't mean it fits all.   
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2014, 10:19:48 am »
Those with negative, unsupportive or nasty things to say should probably not bother....it would be great to see someone who has put in such a mammoth effort succeed, i don't see how ranting on about the cost can achieve anything. Its ok to be not interested and thats fine, but something being "too expensive" or you not being able to afford it are two entirely different things  :)

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2014, 11:01:58 am »
With over 500 tickets sold already I'd say this event is going to be a success no matter what..
Good on Rosco Holden for living out his dream and getting all the 7 Mr MX winners together plus 60 Mr MX racers from the day for a one off reunion, a massive achievement and one that we're all looking forward to attending.
I had a gut feeling the majority of this forum wouldn't support it but to bag the event just shows what losers you really are...

Offline XR

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2014, 11:05:35 am »

$700 TO TAKE THE FAMILY , YOUR JOKING ROSS

I don't think I have seen a positive post from gdr.........
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 11:45:16 am by XR »

Offline miniwheels

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2014, 11:52:48 am »
A few years ago Rosco organised a mini bike reunion for us guys that were involved in riding & racing the minibikes back in the 70's in Victoria.
I remember a few people before the reunion were worried about the cost factor of the event, all I will say and I reckon I would speak for nearly everybody that were there that night it was one of the best most well organised events I had ever been too and the memories from that night money just can't buy  ;).

Offline Rosco

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2014, 01:14:04 pm »
Well its always interesting to see other people's views, but and try and use to a positive, and to those on here that have shared positive comments of support thanks so much its going to be Fabulous Night, for those who are attending who get a chance of a lifetime to have a photo with the 7 legends with the Master Brass and Marble Based Muscle Man Podium Trophy.

Cool works bike display , Vince's Bibles on show for the First Time Ever, Trick Helmets, the Original Trophy Mould and how the New Trophies were made.

When sit down receive a Souvenir last ever program with a Legends Dinner Stubby Holder and latest Issue of ADB.

Also on offer people can purchase the last ever Mr Motocross Poster produced specially for the event.

Value for money at $175 for 5 Hrs of Drinks Food, First Class Venue Crown, 7 Legends, 60 Stars and over 60 Rare and Unique Australian MX signed memorabilia on offer in the Auction for Kids with Cancer.

I will not enter or reply to the Negative Post's this message is from ROSCO in case you didn't know my name, your joking don't know where you have been, as some off you have called me Ross .

Have a great weekend and don't blow the Budget on your next Club Race.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 02:07:02 pm by Rosco »

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Best is in the West !!

Offline gdr

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2014, 04:44:49 pm »
BIT OF A BACK FLIP THERE ROSCO . I HOPE IT IS A HUGE SUCCESS BUT DONT BAG OUT PEOPLE THAT CANNOT GO FOR WHAT EVER REASON .I FOR ONE WILL NOT BE GOING DUE TO IT CLASHING WITH VICTORIAN DIRT TRACK TITLES IN MILDURA .
AS FOR ROOKIE1 AND XR HOPE YOU HAVE GOT YOUR TICKETS.

Offline Viper666

• Legend
  • "Yes I bought THAT number plate" so sue me!
    • View Profile
    • Ballarat Rovers MCC
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2014, 06:24:41 pm »

Got our tickets months ago. Looking forward to it.
Thank the Lord for Melbourne Bitter, anti-inflamatory drugs & an understanding wife.
YZ80H, YZ100G, YZ125E, YZ125F, YZ125G, YZ250D, YZ250E, YZ250F, YZ250G, YZ250H, YZ400F, IT125G, IT250K & a, a, a,      CRF250X???????    

How the FUG did that sh*tbox Honda get in here?

Offline Branchy

• B-Grade
  • husky 400 cross
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2014, 09:40:00 am »
firstly Rossco i think it awsome what you are doing with pulling all this together especially partnering up with challenge (which cuts very close to our families heart) and some of the stars from the mr mx  which i have had the fortune of being on the same track as in the 70's and would love to be a paying participant attending

secondly rookie #1 posting the obvious emotion message from  the facebook page  which most of us are not connected , with a promoter who was looking down the gun barrel of maybe a loss , didnt you think that you would get a reaction?

then mr gut feeling johnny O putting his spin on things 500 tickets sold to what the dinner i dont think so ? otherwise we wouldnt be having this discussion , maybe you mean the whole event and then to give the whole forum a spray and call people losers i would say if everyone wasnt pissed of about for 2 weeks of the the 'im out ' 'pre 90 srutineering' and asscociated rants taking over the forum , they would be now
maybe a trip to gloucester for those boy'z really know how to throw a party ps dont mention dungog (must be some old footy rivalry)