Author Topic: swing arm bearings 77 KTM  (Read 2035 times)

Offline Gippslander

• A-Grade
  • Google "Ancient Greek Sculpture for Kids" 2C more
    • View Profile
swing arm bearings 77 KTM
« on: February 14, 2014, 08:51:38 AM »
Need some help from those who have done this job before, no problems with the assembly, have worked that out, but, when I removed the old bearings they were closely packed needle rollers, there was hardly any gap between the needles, but now that I have received my new needle roller bearings from Andre Hor....   (From Austria) I see that the bearings only have every second space as a needle.

So I'm wondering, is there a "full complement" needle roller bearing available?

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: swing arm bearings 77 KTM
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 09:46:40 AM »
Take the new bearing etc to a Bearing Service.  They will be able to tell you.  You can get bearings and seals for at least half the price you get them from bike part suppliers.  The manufacturers don't make bearings they get them from companies that make bearings etc.

I got clutch cover seals for my Maico from a bearing service for a third of the price I could get them from a VMX part supplier and I didn't have to pay for postage.
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490

Offline ozktm

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 09:54:50 AM »
I have a couple of these kits on the shelf at home, ill check what my needle rollers look like in these.
Previously i thought they were a full setup like you described.

Adrian
Regards,
Adrian Goold #101

'72 KTM 175 |'74.5 KTM 250 |'74.5 KTM 400 |Hagon/KTM 250 proj|'76 MC5 250 Project |'76 MC5 400|'78 KTM 250 Project |'81 KTM 250 MC | '81 KTM 495 MC

Offline Gippslander

• A-Grade
  • Google "Ancient Greek Sculpture for Kids" 2C more
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 10:19:59 PM »
okay, spent a bit of time at the local bearing service this afternoon, they cannot find me a "full complement" bearing that is 30 mm long but they can find me a full complement bearing that is 16 mm long and doing some measurements and playing around a little bit  and giving the lathe a run I think two of those can be made to fit on each side, so I have ordered them and we'll see how that goes.

Also, although I only asked Andre Hor....  in Austria (still can't remember how to spell his name) about whether or not the "half complement"  needle rollers were correct for the job  and I did not complain or ask for any money back he has immediately  refunded me the full purchase price and has not even asked for  the bearings to be sent back to him,  so without doubt I will always consider him when I need parts for my 74.5 Penton or my 77 KTM, backup like that is really appreciated.

Offline oz555ktm

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2014, 11:15:23 AM »

Yes the new bearing have a race or spacer between the rollers ..

I have got bearing from both Andre Hor anr from SFK Bearing both the same and are working fine ...

Dennis oz555ktm
And Please forgive me as I cant Spell for Shit ...
And I have very Bad Gramer ...too I been told ......

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 11:14:13 AM »
I got my kits from the USA KTM guy and the bearings were the full items. KTM's were made to last and given that we dont race them every weekend I feel the other bearings should be fine for a few seasons VMX racing Im sure. I use anti seize instead of grease in the pivot as it dosent was out.
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle