Author Topic: Corvettes value plummets! Literally  (Read 1451 times)

Offline r4brightred

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Corvettes value plummets! Literally
« on: February 13, 2014, 12:19:15 pm »
Not sure if you guys have sinkhole problems. This happened today at the Corvette museum here in Kentucky. Ugly. Eight went down total. Some of the other videos show the aftermath.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IukDWhf7U9I

Offline Ktm181

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Corvettes value plummets! Literally
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 12:42:16 pm »
Not sure if you guys have sinkhole problems. This happened today at the Corvette museum here in Kentucky. Ugly. Eight went down total. Some of the other videos show the aftermath.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IukDWhf7U9I

shite! expensive or what. What is the cause of the "sink holes" you speak of?  WE are seeing some problems from mining tunnels causing subsidance in some of our southern and northern suburbs but nothing like THAT.

Kt.

Offline r4brightred

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 01:27:07 pm »
Some areas of the country have limestone just under the surface. Water erodes the limestone over time. Next thing you know a huge hole opens up. It is especially bad in Florida. Last year a guy in Florida was in bed sleeping. A sinkhole opened up under his bedroom and swallowed him up. What a way to go.

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 01:45:24 pm »
I'd be shattered to lose my shed to a sink hole and it doesn't have any vets in it. I believe 8 cars in total. That hurts.
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 08:59:56 am »
any kind of acid eats limestone (washing bricks down after laying them to remove the morter splatter) so a slight change in the groundwater can preferentially eat the limestone and if there is a swirling current underneath, a nice hole develops.....

don't live in limestone areas, near volcanoes or on the san A fault ... (basic survival info) avoid low coastal areas as well ....