Author Topic: Conman's 1st post  (Read 1914 times)

Offline Conman62

• Novice
    • View Profile
Conman's 1st post
« on: February 11, 2014, 09:23:44 pm »
Gday guys & gals.
Freshly registered Conman62 here.....just saying' G'day
South Aussie born 'n bred.
Cut my teeth on one of them Delteks with the powerhouse 160cc Victas' (wish I still had it!)
Soon wanted more so the XR75 (wish i still had it!) caught a glint in my eye.
When the legs started getting longer an early RM125 set about making my arms longer too! (yep...you guessed it....Wish I still had it!)
Progressed to a YZ250G...top bike that one....gee I wish I still had that!.
So after a hiatus off the dirt...a few roadies fit the bill from the RD400 to the Suzy water bottle 7fiddy.
Then I friggen went all sensible....wife, mortgage, kids,mortgage, and then a mortgage!
Anyhow, the itch was never satisfied so a few years ago I took on a 2006 KTM525EXC and joined the Ariel Motorcycle Club of SA and have never looked back.

Well, all was good in the world and couldn't get any better.....that is, until I came across....her!......a 1981 PE400...she was in a sad state...actually, a really sad state.
So I've now set upon restoring the grand old lady......not concourse mind you....she will get ridden as the Suzuki Gods intended when she was first conceived all that time ago!

So without further ado, I shall explore the oracle of knowledge this forum undoubtably contains and may also impart some snippets of info I've picked up along the way myself....Lead on McDuff!

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Conman's 1st post
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 09:33:58 pm »
welcome fellow ariel owner i have 2 projets that need some attention will get there
jim

Offline mick25

• Legend
  • Hunter valley NSW
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 09:36:38 pm »
Welcome conman .
I have a buddy that's real close to finishing one of those PE400 , theres always some helpful tips on here  8)

Offline cumagutsa

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 07:49:30 am »
Strewth Con,    you pop up all over the place.

Offline Conman62

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 09:14:32 pm »
Strewth Con,    you pop up all over the place.

Hahaha.....see ya at the Kensi..... 8)