Author Topic: Mpe suspension- Paul baericke -Qld  (Read 11307 times)

Offline CRTAD313

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Mpe suspension- Paul baericke -Qld
« on: February 09, 2014, 11:35:27 pm »
Had a VERY ordinary experience with this guy. Dropped front and rear suspension off to this guy for full service springs etc, was told three weeks due to shock shaft needing rechrome. Four weeks later nothing so I called to be told another two weeks due to parts? Another three weeks pass still nothing so I call again to be told still waiting on shock shaft another week?? Two weeks pass surprise surprise nothing so I call to be told more b@$$&& it excuses to which quiz them on to be assured that they ride bikes and understand blah blah etc. over a week later I get a text message telling me it's ready to be picked up with a price which is more than quoted!!!!! Over ten weeks with my suspension and the only contact is a text message?? To top it all off when I picked it up no apology he couldn't have given a flying f  and if all that wasn't enough the clicker adjuster on the bottom of the fork blew out on the first ride and the shock leaked, so I had to take it back for another week!!!!!!!!!!!
I cannot recommend strongly enough do not use this guy he is a tool, he may have experience but his attitude is crap, I'm sure my suspension sat there most of the time while modern stuff came and went, old bike or not my money is the same!

Simo63

Re: Mpe suspension- Paul baericke -Qld
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 11:53:56 pm »
Sorry to hear but not a surprise to me following my experience however I chose not to use him after I called him 3 times to discuss my YZ D model suspension and some mods I was interested in having him do.  He never once returned my calls so after 2 weeks I got the hint.  Even if he had of called at the end of the 2 weeks he was never going to get my business with that sort of "service" for want of a better word.

Ended up using young Dan at MX RacePrep (who used to be PB's apprentice I understand) who not only listens but will communicate with you how he has gone with the job.  He has also helped me by meeting tight deadlines with multiple suspension sets (eg 2013 Classic Nats when I realised I had to lower 2 YZ D model rear shocks and work on a 3rd, and rebuild 2 front ends as well all within 2 weeks).  At the same time he was attending Modern events and prepping a team of bikes for them so he can work under pressure.

I would use him again for sure.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 11:58:39 pm »
Yeah they don't care about vintage mx stuff nor do they know much about it..
I'm doing so many suspension rebuilds for vmx guys lately because they no longer want to deal with those big shops.

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 12:05:50 am »
Should have used JohnnyO on here or Steve Wood at Motorcycle Suspension Improvements at Slacks Creek [he's behind Moss St]....they both know there stuff and do vintage. And there not bullshitters like some people.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline steve234

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 10:07:36 am »
Not only did he not give me what I wanted at great cost, but he had the gall to write me off to his mate in the workshop while I was at the front desk (on drop off and pick up). Total tool, spend your money elsewhere!
Cheers,
Steve
Bultaco M106 Astro
Wanted: Dirt track bikes / parts / info

Offline the farm

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 03:28:51 pm »
Sorry to hear but not a surprise to me following my experience however I chose not to use him after I called him 3 times to discuss my YZ D model suspension and some mods I was interested in having him do.  He never once returned my calls so after 2 weeks I got the hint.  Even if he had of called at the end of the 2 weeks he was never going to get my business with that sort of "service" for want of a better word.

Ended up using young Dan at MX RacePrep (who used to be PB's apprentice I understand) who not only listens but will communicate with you how he has gone with the job.  He has also helped me by meeting tight deadlines with multiple suspension sets (eg 2013 Classic Nats when I realised I had to lower 2 YZ D model rear shocks and work on a 3rd, and rebuild 2 front ends as well all within 2 weeks).  At the same time he was attending Modern events and prepping a team of bikes for them so he can work under pressure.

I would use him again for sure.

Offline the farm

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2014, 03:33:16 pm »
thanks for tip on MPE, simo why did you lower the yzd shocks ?  too much travel or what?

Offline bishboy

• Legend
  • Toowoomba
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2014, 03:45:24 pm »
Should have used JohnnyO on here or Steve Wood at Motorcycle Suspension Improvements at Slacks Creek [he's behind Moss St]....they both know there stuff and do vintage. And there not bullshitters like some people.

I can vouch for Steve Wood, he did some work for me when I was doing some classic road racing a few years ago.  He revalved etc the forks on my ZX9 and did a good job.

Simo63

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2014, 09:13:17 pm »
thanks for tip on MPE, simo why did you lower the yzd shocks ?  too much travel or what?

Yep. Pre 78 rules state 9 inch maximum and the YZ250/400s have ten standard so have to be lowered to comply.  But that's another discussion and one that has been flogged to death here a number of times before.