Author Topic: Flattrack Twins,  (Read 2850 times)

Offline SON

• Legend
    • View Profile
Flattrack Twins,
« on: February 01, 2014, 12:16:45 am »
Talking to Howdy Castles today,
He thinks in QLD there would be an XR750, a Triumph and a Norton that would ride a Twins class at North Brisbane,
Is there any others north of the Hunter??
Ash Beeton from North Coast VTwins must have something???

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
Re: Flattrack Twins,
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 11:22:47 am »
The Shell OW72 shown below is in FNQ I believe. I sent the owner a couple of emails but didn't get a reply.

WANTED

ENGINE PARTS for SHELL Yamaha 750. I have a Shell Yamaha 750 flat tracker here in Australia and I need engine parts including pistons, piston rings, gaskets, head gasket (85mm), cam, exhausts, Shell "slipper" piston kits. I am interested in any Shell items particularly NOS.

Please email [email protected] with what you have for sale, or know of where or who I can contact to source these items

I remember a decade or so ago that there used to be a decent community of big twin flat trackers based around Mildura. I can recall a half dozen of them turning up to a vintage meeting there in the 90's. I met a bloke who had jigged up and was building Redline and Champion replica big frames in the area and they were quality, TIG welded items. One of the blokes regularly attends the Bonanza with his Shell / Redline Yamaha 750 so he'll have the scoop on 'who and where' of that region.
                                                                                                          Below: the Mildura based Redline seen at HBBB

'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline steve234

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 11:27:36 am »
I could put you in contact with those guys if you like Graeme. They are regulars at Action Park Raceway. XR750, Triumph Matisse and Maico framed triumph.

Cheers,
Steve
Bultaco M106 Astro
Wanted: Dirt track bikes / parts / info

Offline SON

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 04:36:38 pm »
Yes please, I remember there was a few guys at the Ivan Mauger meeting at Redlands Bay? About 10-12years ago, also Qld speedway rider Henry rode an XR750 I think M&W owned that bike

Offline SON

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 06:03:20 am »
Bump,
There was a few XRs north of the border

Offline allan hughes

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2014, 08:51:13 am »