Author Topic: IT 200 S  (Read 16816 times)

Offline suzuki59

• Legend
  • Kiwi VMX
    • View Profile
Re: IT 200 S
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2014, 03:35:18 am »
Looks geat Ted well done.

TM BILL

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2014, 07:09:11 am »
Another great example from Teds shed  8) 

Don't want to know or care what it cost , the point is its been done properly and will be a pleasure to ride  :)

Ted your man is a rare find in this day and age , that's a hell of a commitment to work right through to finish the job and the results speak for themselves  8)

Now don't FFS mention on here what the investment was or we will have 20+ pages of "you will never get your money back " and "I could have built a chamber out of 147 baked bean cans"  and "I do all my own work ( takes me 5 yrs and spend all day at the races patching things up rather than riding) but it only cost me a marriage and half a house  "

Not to mention the legal anoraks , there's bound to be something they will convince themselves  isn't kosher   ::)

Looks great mate and I bet it will ride even better  :)

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2014, 07:23:27 am »
Now don't FFS mention on here what the investment was or we will have 20+ pages of "you will never get your money back " and "I could have built a chamber out of 147 baked bean cans"  and "I do all my own work ( takes me 5 yrs and spend all day at the races patching things up rather than riding) but it only cost me a marriage and half a house  "

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline Paul552

• Legend
  • HEAVEN #552
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2014, 08:09:20 am »
May I ask how much this work costed ?

Far cheaper than Gambling smoking or a prostitution habit!!!!!
Good value at least Ted has a nice bike to show for it!!!!!

Great looking bike Ted.
'77 YZ125D '84 CR250RE '89 CR250RK '84 CR80RE  '09 YZ250F

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2014, 09:02:20 am »

Dam straight, and at least we know if we ever sell Ted a bike,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Its gone to a good home :)
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

TM BILL

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2014, 09:19:51 am »

Dam straight, and at least we know if we ever sell Ted a bike,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Its gone to a good home :)
And if you buy one off Ted you know your getting a gooden  :) not just a mudguard bike  ;)

Offline Tomas

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2014, 10:51:46 am »
As you can see Topari you can walk into Teknik racing on saturday,they will spend seventeen hours working on your bike and all that will cost six pack of vee bee. 

TM BILL

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2014, 11:59:02 am »
As you can see Topari you can walk into Teknik racing on saturday,they will spend seventeen hours working on your bike and all that will cost six pack of vee bee.

Why is what another man spends on his hobby so important to you  ???

Offline Tomas

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2014, 03:32:12 pm »

Well, It isnt important how much someone spends on bikes Bill. Two people politley asked how much it cost to get their motocycles serviced at Teknik and got ignored by many. Not everyone have unlimited budget. I go to Greg Ball. He is a nice guy, is always happy to help and does not care who you are or where from. He does a good deal for everyone. Last time i got a crank shaft rebuild plus thread repaired for $85 and cylinder rebore plus some helicoils and new wossner piston   for $260. I consider that an afordable price and happy to share this info so everyone can get a good deal.  :)

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2014, 05:06:08 pm »

I was thinking the same thing William. There is an old saying.....If you have to ask the price first, you can't afford it anyway.

Tomas,
           You care to put a price value to the works and materials I acquired the other day? Let me know what you think would be a fair thing for both parties. Ask Greg Ball what he would charge. Can he do all the work himself in store ? Can he design and construct the complete shock internals on this bike in store ? Does he design and construct his own travel control valves for the fork on this bike? Have you built up such a great rapport with Greg that he would give you 17 hours on a Saturday. Or do you just go to the cheapest bloke around because you don't have an unlimited budget ( whatever that means ) Can you ring your guy at home 10pm Friday night to open up his shop and fix your bike because you are going riding Saturday morning. I can. If I can offer you a tip Tomas, Stay loyal to all of your tradies. With the occasional " pissoff mate, don't worry about it " the price is way cheaper than continually jumping ship.

To help you with your pricing, the last shock I had custom made by Ohlins cost me $1,600.00.

Nick is also a good guy, happy to help, doesn't care who you are or even where you are from. What pisses Nick, me and any other decent tradesman off is guys that whinge about a QUOTATION with comments like " But I can get the guy down the road to do it for half the price, just like last time " Well the answer to that is simply, " Why would you be talking to me then if he was any good."

I'll say it again....There are motorbike shops with mechanics and then there is Teknik Racing

81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline the stig

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2014, 05:27:57 pm »

It looks great Ted enjoy it every time you ride it.
    I know a bloke who resently got an IT 175 built up
    the same way by a shop it cost him but it was all
    done properly..

Offline Maicoman

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2014, 07:51:57 pm »
Looks good Ted. A word of warning though, take that rear head stay off and save your self from the heartache of a broken barrel. The L and N models were prone to breaking because they have a hollow casting across the front barrel mounts. Apparently Yamaha released solid castings by the time the S model came around but I wouldn't be chancing it. I've got 3 barrels in the shed which are all broken. It's a 200 thing that they to suffer a bit of frame flex.
Let's face it some dirt bikes were never meant to be ridden.

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2014, 08:00:35 pm »
It's been on there for 28 years, but I will look into it. Thanks Adam.

Dennis has got some Vinduros coming up this year for you to come to as well.

Am coming to Cookardinia now. Nice little bike. No excuses. Send me an entry form NOW ;D ;D ;D
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

TM BILL

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2014, 08:37:13 pm »
If im honest im jealous  ::) Ted works hard for what hes got and he shares the love by employing good people to help him with his projects so he has a good product come race day  :)

I try to do 90% of things myself and the reality of it is A it takes forever , B its never quite right ( or could be better ) C why am i forking around with shit when i should be earning a quid and and sharing it with others in their field and keeping the economy rolling  ???

I know its not for everybody but IMHO Teds got it sussed  8) add to that hes forward thiking enough to put a young fella on his bikes occasionaly therefore securing the future of VMX  :)

Whats it cost in $ is irrellevant to what he gets out of it i think is the point .

mainline

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2014, 08:52:32 pm »

I try to do 90% of things myself and the reality of it is A it takes forever , B its never quite right ( or could be better ) C why am i forking around with shit when i should be earning a quid and and sharing it with others in their field and keeping the economy rolling  ?

I don't have a problem with Ted getting old mate at the bike shop to sort things (nice bike btw Teddles, Steve has one in bits and is jealous.) but don't discount the fun (cathartic) you can have working on your own stuff if you're wired that way.