Author Topic: 1977 rm125b eligability  (Read 10177 times)

Offline Kane Mcguire

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
1977 rm125b eligability
« on: January 27, 2014, 02:38:27 PM »
Can I race my rm125b 1977 in the evolution class at any race meeting ?  want to take it to the evo aust titles.

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
Re: 1977 rm125b eligability
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 02:48:54 PM »
As long as it doesn't have a disc brake conversion, water-cooled head or a one shock taken off you are cool, hell you can even run an alloy swingarm in Evo  ;-)
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline Kane Mcguire

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 03:31:31 PM »
Yeh I thought so John, thanks. Ive only got one proper evo bike for the titles and its an 8 hr drive so it will be good to take 2 bikes in case one shits itself. 

Offline dodgee

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 05:50:58 PM »
Kenny leave the rear brake stay arm mounted to frame , you should know what I mean

Offline Kane Mcguire

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 06:08:56 PM »
ok ok who is dodgee?   :)

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 10:45:03 AM »
It actually does depend on the situation, at least here in Queensland. It is of the opinion of some, at say for e.g. a club day you turned up with an rm125b. Then you could in theory ride pre78,evo,pre85 and pre90. That is not encouraged as it makes the races a dogs breakfast. This has been thrashed many a time on here where others that think its all bureaucracy gone mad. For me it's easy, we have era based racing so keep it like that. If you're too tight or too lazy to prep/clean a second bike, or not financially able to buy a second bike then that is your situation and not everyone else's .If one can do it, everyone can do it. Vmx is more than just bums on seats. This way it actually encourages more bikes to be seen/ridden/bought back to life.
But in the case of your particular question re the post classic nationals, you will be accepted with your rm125b in evo.

Offline tmman

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 11:37:46 AM »
It actually does depend on the situation, at least here in Queensland. It is of the opinion of some, at say for e.g. a club day you turned up with an rm125b. Then you could in theory ride pre78,evo,pre85 and pre90. That is not encouraged as it makes the races a dogs breakfast. This has been thrashed many a time on here where others that think its all bureaucracy gone mad. For me it's easy, we have era based racing so keep it like that. If you're too tight or too lazy to prep/clean a second bike, or not financially able to buy a second bike then that is your situation and not everyone else's .If one can do it, everyone can do it. Vmx is more than just bums on seats. This way it actually encourages more bikes to be seen/ridden/bought back to life.
But in the case of your particular question re the post classic nationals, you will be accepted with your rm125b in evo.
why thank you Mr donald trump-van barello...
your latest promotion to CEO of media relations has come as a surprise...
your quote someone to lazy ( or works 2 jobs to support a family/ sole parent etc etc) or is financially challanged should in your words SUFFER because of your opinion its messy..
at least you waited till after australia day to be un australian...
you could enlighten us n put up a link to the ruling that states a DT1 for example can't compete pre 90...
it was manufactured pre 90... so if someone wants to handycap themselves whats the problem
some people,, myself included would rather eviserate ourselves with a rusty spoon than have a shed full or german scrap metal...

TM BILL

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2014, 11:52:14 AM »
why thank you Mr donald trump-van barello...
your latest promotion to CEO of media relations has come as a surprise...
your quote someone to lazy ( or works 2 jobs to support a family/ sole parent etc etc) or is financially challanged should in your words SUFFER because of your opinion its messy..
at least you waited till after australia day to be un australian...
you could enlighten us n put up a link to the ruling that states a DT1 for example can't compete pre 90...
it was manufactured pre 90... so if someone wants to handycap themselves whats the problem
some people,, myself included would rather eviserate ourselves with a rusty spoon than have a shed full or german scrap metal...

John seeing as you are such  a super patriot, I would have thought that you would at least have the decency to write it as Australia day and un Australian  ;)

However you could be forgiven for the german  ;)

I used to struggle with the fact that you cannot ride up a class , but Brads point has merit .

It is era racing and although you could ride an older bike back in the day or even now at modern events , as Brad says its about era racing and a bike from out of that era looks out of place with later bikes .

As for getting on your high horse about families , 2 jobs etc Boo forking hoo  ::) we have all done it ,and its about prioritising or working harder to afford things if you want them .

Its a sport not a charity for broken arses  ;) and sports have rules , like it or not  ;)

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2014, 12:21:06 PM »
OK how about the opinion of someone who might know.  We have class identification letters Z for Pre 78 E for Evo etc.  So everyone in an EVO race should have an E on their plates.  Any twin shock (or no linkage), drum brake and air cooled machine is eligible for EVO.  So in my opinion if it has the correct class identification on the plate there is no problem.  You could also fit different EVO legal forks and longer shocks.

As an example their are riders with TT500s, they can be legal for Pre 78 but most riders fit other suspension and make them legal for EVO.

Also there isn't a class for Pre 78 at the Post Classics, only EVO, Pre 85 and Pre 90 as per MOMS.  So the only class identification leters should be E, Y & W.  The only exception to this would be for the Women's class which is up to Pre 90 and Super Senior.

Kevin
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2014, 12:25:25 PM »

You have got to be joking, if I have a DT1 and want to race it in 'Pre 85', that is up to me.  What a rude self-righteous attitude you have, just crossed you off my Christmas card list.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 12:42:50 PM by John Orchard »

Offline tmman

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2014, 12:38:03 PM »
well bill i thought capatialsts only wrote with capital letters...
n seeing you have a shed or two full of all sorts we would expect that sort of answer..
i suppose you go to the modern MX n tell the guy at the club day with his 06 model to boot of cause this is modern MX..
its not AMA or MX1 my dear friend...
i've only been involved in this clicky society for a few years n in that time have talked to vmx enthusiasts that have walked away cause of the bull and or shit involved..
so it should be more about getting as much as you can for your dollar not spending 10k to only ride 9 laps a month cause someone doesnt like the look of your bsa bantam in the open pre90...

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2014, 12:49:56 PM »

Its a sport not a charity for broken arses  ;) and sports have rules , like it or not  ;)

No, sport is for a rider, on any bike, to win on his merit and embarrass the yuppy riders with the best bike for each class.

I can't believe the attitude of you two, I am speechless!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 03:22:44 PM by John Orchard »

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2014, 01:33:35 PM »
i've only been involved in this clicky society for a few years n in that time have talked to vmx enthusiasts that have walked away cause of the bull and or shit involved...
Its not a prison...
Anytime you like you can just walk away...
Try it,
You might enjoy it...
Baggin out on someone who puts across a pretty good clear messege...
Anyway,
RM125B's seem to be surrounded by too much controversy and opinion anyway...
Perhaps it would be just easier to exclude them from the sport ::)
"flat bickie"

oldfart

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2014, 01:37:27 PM »
Enter it in Evo class  and you will be right .   air cooled - twin shocked - drum brake ..... have you ticked all those boxes  ;)

Offline Kane Mcguire

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2014, 02:11:09 PM »
yes tm bill "sports have rules" but kevin is correct in his enlightenment of the rules. pre 85 states made pre 85 and pre 90 is made pre 90. pre 85 rules don't say it has to be a 1980 to 1984 made bike and  pre 90 does not say 1985 to 1989 made bikes. There is more than one 77/78 tt500 motored specials racing in evo. I reckon the more bikes in each class the better. And everything well said John.