Author Topic: RM465Z  (Read 4982 times)

Offline Bitten

• B-Grade
  • Sydney, Australia
    • View Profile
RM465Z
« on: January 20, 2014, 09:09:12 pm »
It has come time to move onto other projects so I am looking  at selling my much loved RM465Z, I would love to see it go to someone on the forum as I have gained a great deal of help, support and advice directly and indirectly from many of you.

I brought the bike along to the Show & Shine at Sutto’s Penrith for those that went to that event.

The bike was originally sourced in 2011 from the USA as a restored bike but once it finally arrived was far from what I would call restored so I embarked on a full ground up resto that has cost in excess of $11K (including original bike and import costs), but the cost is nothing as I have loved every minute of it and in many ways it helped me through a tough period, hence the sadness to see it go.

I am looking for $4,500 (pretty firm), I know that it is a tight market but based on below think this represents great value. The bike is located in the Hornsby area of Sydney and I can provide photos on request. Call me on 0420 939 710 or contact me through this site or my email address at [email protected]

The good…
•   Full ground up restoration
•   Frame, lever arms & other bits stripped and powder coated
•   Forks and shock fully rebuilt professionally by SOS suspension in Penrith, with heavy duty springs to suit 100KG plus rider
•   Engine rebuilt – cylinder rebored to 1st oversize with new NOS piston, ring, top end bearing and gudgeon pin, gaskets and spark plug
•   Transmission rebuilt with all new seals, bearings & gaskets
•   New fibre clutch plates and heavy duty clutch springs
•   New GMC exhaust and muffler with new ‘chrome’ ceramic coating
•   New 38mm Mikuni flat slide carburetor professionally jetted on the bike by Trouper Lou’s
•   New NOS reed petals
•   New wheel bearings, seals, tubes and tyres
•   New chain and sprockets
•   All new bearings and seals for the rocker arm and swingarm, and a new NOS swingarm pivot bolt
•   New NOS engine mounting and case bolts
•   New grooved brake shoes and rear break cable, brake shoes were professionally machined to respective drum lining
•   New seat cover and foam
•   Original plastics restored to a high standard with new tank decals
•   New high profile handle bars and bar raisers to suit taller rider
•   All new cables, levers, NOS rubber bits, nylon chain guide, air filters, kill switch, hoses, exhaust and footpeg springs, etc etc

The extras…
•   Original cylinder on 2nd (last oversize), I am led to believe you can have this rebored to fit a Maico 490 or RM500 piston
•   Original exhaust (expansion chamber only - a bit bruised and battered but I think repairable)
•   Original handle bars
•   Original standard shock and fork springs
•   Original carby – has a pretty worn slide though
•   Replica Suzuki vintage riding jerseys – XXL x 2 (unused)
•   Plus a myriad of new & used NOS parts & consumables - too many to list
•   Clymer service manual, Facsimile of original service manual, dealer pre delivery service guide & Suzuki Race Preparation Manual
•   A range of original and facsimiles of historical magazine articles, tests, tuning and modification articles and brochures
•   Most receipts including all major works plus import documents including actual US title

The not quite perfect…
•   The heavy duty clutch springs have given it quite a heavy pull but I have the originals if you want to put them back in
•   One of the fork seals has recently developed a small leak – even though these were replaced when the forks were rebuilt @#$@!!
•   A handful of stainless steel bolts used instead of NOS ……sorry to the purists!

The bike would have had no more than 2 hours work since the rebuild was completed, It was ridden at Louie for a few laps to test it out when first completed and then again on the Saturday only at Classic Dirt at Wallarawang in 2012, other than that I have just fired it up a few times in the garage to make sure all is well and hear her again (and scare the dog!)

It really is a great looking bike, If you are interested or have any questions please contact me on the number / email address above & thanks to all those that assisted over the years

Regards
Justin
The best of both worlds! - '82 RM465Z & '10 KTM 530 EXC

Offline Bitten

• B-Grade
  • Sydney, Australia
    • View Profile
Re: RM465Z
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 09:31:09 pm »
[/URL][/img]

Offline Bitten

• B-Grade
  • Sydney, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 09:33:28 pm »

Offline Bitten

• B-Grade
  • Sydney, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 09:36:52 pm »

Not the greatest photos but let me know and I can supply more detailed ones

Cheers

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 09:48:42 pm »
I have seen this bike. It is beautiful. If you want a sweet big bore this is the one.
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 10:17:58 pm »
Beautiful bike and a cheap price in my mind, bummer you have to sell it but you gotta do what you gotta do. I have a mate that does bikes up mint and then sells them to fund the next one, he just loves building top quality bikes, doesn't care about the money he rips up....it's all part of the fun. Ted, you should buy that for young Liam to ride at the Echo Valley Nats. 8)
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline Bitten

• B-Grade
  • Sydney, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 10:36:03 pm »
Thanks Guys

Like most people I hate throwing away money but know that realistically what I am asking is fair particularly for any forum members. I would probab;y ask a bit more if putting it up on Ebay or bike sales but will see how it goes here first

I am looking to get into a bit of adventure bike riding and touring, I enjoy a lot of off road riding with friends on modern bikes but the older I get the harder I pull up after a weekend on the moderns so see this as a way of softly transitioning into something I can keep doing well into the future

Cheers to all

Offline Bitten

• B-Grade
  • Sydney, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2014, 03:09:52 am »
Any offers?

Offline asasin

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2014, 07:25:51 am »
make me wish i was in OZ , thats friggin cheap for what it is , good luck with sale
If in doubt ,WIND IT OUT

TM BILL

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2014, 07:37:34 am »
Lovely bike and a gift at that price , C'mon Ted young Liam will look good on that  :)

Justin good luck with the sale ( although you shouldn't need much luck at that price )

Enjoy your adventure riding , after VMX its my favorite type of motorcycling  :)

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2014, 11:33:16 am »
Mate if I wasnt messing around with the sidecar build I would have snapped it up in a heart beat, shes a beaut ;)

Offline Bitten

• B-Grade
  • Sydney, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2014, 05:29:19 pm »
Sold for $4400, I'm happy and hopefully the new owner will be as well

Had one last blast on her up the street in a Tshirt and shorts with no helmet and felt like a kid again!

Cheers to all

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2014, 10:53:20 am »
Sold for $4400, I'm happy and hopefully the new owner will be as well

Had one last blast on her up the street in a Tshirt and shorts with no helmet and felt like a kid again!

Cheers to all
;D 8) ;)