Author Topic: Stolen bikes?  (Read 1570 times)

Offline Lewis

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Stolen bikes?
« on: January 12, 2014, 07:29:16 am »
Hi all,if you live in the Bendigo region and had a bike stolen recently it's probably worth checking with the police. It was reported in the local paper that two  bikes were found dumped in the bush.No brands were mentioned.

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
Re: Stolen bikes?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 10:21:45 am »
I believe those bikes were Atomics, both in various states of repair.
K

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 10:42:03 am »
Hmmmm sounds sus
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline SUZUKI311

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 12:00:42 pm »
Very suss. I was the one who found them, up the road from my place. one had a monster energy sticker kit, but missing the exhaust, and the other was a yellow atomic minus the airbox/airfilter, both electric start but of course no keys. The local boys in blue had a couple of good catches lately, a guy had his bike locked up out the front of his house for sale, and some scumbag came along in a ute and cut the chain and took off with it. luckily someone got a partial rego, and passed it on to the Police. Thankfully that day the CIU Detective working was a bit old school, and spent several hours staring at a computer screen trying literally hundreds of rego combinations before he found one matching the description of the ute, and what do you know, he was also " familiar " with the registered owner.... went around to the address, knocked on the door and was " invited in..." where he found the stolen bike. Also found a locked door, and again " invited whoever was behind the door to come out...." end result two scumbags arrested for theft of the motorcycle. Unfortunately that detective I believe is due to retire soon. I heard another brain surgeon that knocked off a mates XR650 and his sons CRF80 got arrested after doing a mono down the road in front of a Highway Patrol Unit....
1977 RM80B-UNDER CONSTRUCTION-(Still after 11 years !) 2017 KTM 350EXCF , 96 CBR600, . Member of Bendigo Motorcycle club since 1981, Viper No. 311 (old VMBA Number!!)

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 05:04:43 pm »
its fortunate that the Bendigo area has some great police who actually are interested in keeping these sfb's off the patch. I dips me lid to em for great work.