Author Topic: Sidecar pics from WA  (Read 14623 times)

Offline PeterK

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Sidecar pics from WA
« on: December 27, 2013, 07:49:15 pm »
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 03:19:00 pm by PeterK »
Don't ask me how to ride a bike or change a gear. I have sat on a couple but never ridden one. My adrenalin rush came from taking photos of the guys/gals racing them up close and personal.

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: When, where, date and who?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 11:55:19 am »
Great shot, good to see esp after talking to Murray about it, ah any more pics?

Offline PeterK

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: When, where, date and who?
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 03:21:13 pm »
1985 Noble Falls Austr. champion ships .  Darren Williams

Spot on...guess you were there or competing?
Don't ask me how to ride a bike or change a gear. I have sat on a couple but never ridden one. My adrenalin rush came from taking photos of the guys/gals racing them up close and personal.

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
Re: Sidecar pics from WA
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 03:37:57 pm »
Darren was I think the first guy to really JUMP an outfit. He took pics of them to Europe in '87 and even Bachtold thought he was crazy.
At Cussack in France there was a double downhill with a left hander and I suggested to Hansi to jump it to pick up some time.... I thought it would be no trouble......he said no way!! I was a bit taken aback. He won both heats though so he needn't had to.
August Muller on a lefthand VMC could have done it no probs but didn't bother either. He could have jumped down into the lefthander with his passenger on the seat...much as they do today, and ridden away with it.
We don't know what we can achieve do we.............................

Offline PeterK

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2013, 01:08:08 am »
Darren was I think the first guy to really JUMP an outfit. He took pics of them to Europe in '87 and even Bachtold thought he was crazy.
At Cussack in France there was a double downhill with a left hander and I suggested to Hansi to jump it to pick up some time.... I thought it would be no trouble......he said no way!! I was a bit taken aback. He won both heats though so he needn't had to.
August Muller on a lefthand VMC could have done it no probs but didn't bother either. He could have jumped down into the lefthander with his passenger on the seat...much as they do today, and ridden away with it.
When I saw what he was doing to his sidecar over the jumps at Noble falls it blew me away. I have another front on but it is on a slide which I will have to find but he was at least 20ft (6m+) in the air. Left quite few mouths gapping when he did that and I still shake my head when I look at the pics...awesome.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 04:52:48 pm by PeterK »

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2013, 10:14:59 am »
When I saw what he was doing to his sidecar over the jumps at Noble falls it blew me away. I have another front on but it is on a slide which I will have to find but he was at least 20ft in the air. Left quite few mouths gapping when he did that and I still shake my head when I look at the pics...awesome.
yep awsome even by todays standards, boy has this week been a lesson sidecar history etc, its not easy being a newby :-[ thanx for takeing on the Olins Wasp

Offline PeterK

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2013, 09:13:46 pm »

Brian Stewart & Kim Demarte in the 500cc title event

Is this the one that you had enlarged?....Walter Preisig & Don Stewart in the 500cc title event

« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 01:32:50 am by PeterK »

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2013, 11:25:49 am »
sweet :) may we have some details please ;)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2013, 12:29:35 pm »
Fantastic clear shots....one of those teams would have to be Bernard Mueller and Robert Duke.....Hoony ?
Best is in the West !!

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2013, 05:47:32 pm »
Fantastic clear shots....one of those teams would have to be Bernard Mueller and Robert Duke.....Hoony ?

i don't think so Alison, Walter will know who # 6 is but i don't think either is Mueller/Duke
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2013, 06:29:01 pm »

i don't think so Alison, but i don't think either is Mueller/Duke

perhaps Grasso family. They look clean cut Victorians, so thought you may know.  :D  ;)
Getting email confirmation soon ..cheers All the best for 2014  8)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 07:32:23 pm by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline PeterK

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2013, 01:26:41 am »
Peter the one you enlarged for me was taken in the top corner , going for the jump .

Too many negs to go through them all but at least this is a bonus pic of yourself.

Offline PeterK

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2013, 01:35:37 am »
Yes Hoony I know who #6 is  ;D

If you don't want your names mentioned ...clip me around the ears :o

Offline PeterK

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2013, 01:37:16 am »

Thanks Alison. Usually I took a pic and then ran... ::) ::)

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2013, 11:49:49 am »
Too many negs to go through them all but at least this is a bonus pic of yourself.
I have 20+ rolls from Europe in '87 that I still need to go through :o ;D