Author Topic: Cost of Postage from US and other places  (Read 5294 times)

Offline Rod.s

• Novice
    • View Profile
Re: Cost of Postage from US and other places
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2014, 12:24:27 pm »
The USPS on line quoted prices, are for pick up, some 'mericans use this little known fact to scam, they quote the on line cost and then go to the post office and send from there.
I always ask for the post office cost and if the sell overcharges I leave negative feedback outlining the scam. There is no need to scam people, As my Dad used to say, the ship sails both ways.
I don't have a signature

TM BILL

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2014, 01:08:16 pm »
Fork you people make me laugh  ::) if postage is so forkin expensive go and pick it up from their address  . At the end of the day they are selling something YOU want . Its probably something you could buy in Australia but its cheaper overseas  ;)

A person can charge what they want for postage regardless of what it cost them . If you are unhappy with what they want to charge for postage then DONT buy their goods its simple .

Yes it works both ways but on this forum the most common complaints about buying overseas are

The seller wont sell overseas ( cant imagine why when overseas buyers are sooooooooo easy to deal with )

He's charging to much postage  ( well fly over and collect it )

I got hit for taxes and duty when it arrived ( No way  :o you mean like real importers who import stuff to sell in Australian shops , that cant be right )

To listen to some of you on here you want the seller to hand deliver and fit the part for you, after  THEY have paid any import duties on your purchase and warranty it forever .

I really cant imagine why those overseas sellers are reluctant to sell offshore  ::) ::)

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2014, 06:16:13 pm »
I'm sorry I upset you Bill but all I wanted to know was, is there a cheaper way.  And guess what that is what I received.  The seller also found something out and he was more than willing to post the item at the cheaper rate.  I don't think he was trying to rip me off.

I also found out that the majority of guys in the US are more than willing to help out.  I have had experiences with some that aren't and I won't buy from them again.

If I was in a financial position to just throw money away, maybe I would, but why should I.

Also I'm sorry people can not charge what they want to for postage, but they can charge what they want to for postage and HANDLING.  That is different.  But if I know they are charging more than the correct postage I will buy elsewhere.

As it is the part is a new reproduction part, that I couldn't get in Australia, however I did also find a used one on eBay.  I bought the reproduction one because I felt it was the right thing to do.
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490

TM BILL

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2014, 08:12:09 pm »
I wasnt singling anyone out and im not upset just amused by the mentality of some people  ;)

As far as im concerned people can charge what they want for their parts and postage to send it .

If i dont like it i wont buy it , but maybe i just see things in a simpler way .

Its the budget arsed "its all about me," attitude that shits me AGAIN NOT SINGLING ANYONE OUT JUST GENERALISING