Author Topic: best way to cut/shape seat foam  (Read 16472 times)

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
Re: best way to cut/shape seat foam
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2013, 09:59:04 am »
This is flucking madness, arguing over seat foam ::). There's enough negative ions floating around without GT chucking it in over a simple (I'm sure) misunderstanding. Come on back matey.

And that's all it was... a simple misunderstanding. That's the problem with forums and the like. It's all too easy to read between the lines and come up with something completely out of context.  ::)  ;D

I don't know anything about stencil paint. I think it is some sort of fabric paint ?
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2013, 10:47:55 am »
Now all thats said on the foam can someone tell me what is needed to finish the seat off ''' what paint to use for a stencil on seat cover ''' thanks in advance of a reply

Scott
use a french chalk, dress makers chalk available from spot light. OR flip the pattern and use a pencil, texta or burn a stick for charcoal and draw on the fabric side of the vinyl ;)

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2013, 12:05:28 pm »
VHT do vinyl stencil paint....go to Repco....do only light coats and get an extra stecil if your not confidant about it and have a practice on something else.....a stencil on a seat just adds that finishing touch. 8)
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline scottm

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2013, 12:23:55 pm »
Thanks D-C Ill try the paint you suggest and see how we fair

pre 84 thank you very much