Author Topic: ACTMCC - Kings & Queens dirt track Feb 8/9  (Read 7110 times)

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
ACTMCC - Kings & Queens dirt track Feb 8/9
« on: December 21, 2013, 08:50:54 pm »
Canberra club is holding their annual 2 day event over the weekend of Feb 8/9. Vintage classes including a Pre 85 prize money paying class. Dirt track Saturday and long track Sunday. Details at http://www.actmcc.com.au

[Bump]
Supp regs/entries available here:
http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?client=1-7023-0-0-0&sID=187068&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=27086335
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 11:09:07 pm by Graeme M »

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
Re: ACTMCC - Kings & Queens dirt track Feb 8/9
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 04:00:49 pm »
This one should be good, there's been a bit of interest so might be a decent sized field. A cool idea to run the dogleg track Saturday and then long track Sunday.

At this stage I'll be lucky to have my YZF ready in time, but I think the RM250T will be good to go for the pre 85 class.

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 06:39:40 pm »
Don't forget, entries close Friday 31 January, so just a few days left to get your entries in!

Offline Purple Dave

• A-Grade
  • Just call me...ALVIN !!....courtesy of Slides 29 !
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 08:38:27 pm »
Good luck with the meeting Graeme...........I would have entered, but it clashes with The Australian Blues Festival at Goulburn, which is an annual pilgrimage for me and Mrs Purple ( Mia ) on our Triumph..........will get there later in the year.......... :)

Dirt Track Racer late 60's/throughout 70's

Offline Snowy 76

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 09:21:37 pm »
First race of the Year, looking forward to it ;D ;D
Couple of CR`s

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 02:01:10 pm »
Forecast looks good - sunny and warm. Hopefully that won't change to sunny and HOT!  I went out for a practice on saturday and it was pretty hot I can tell you. Track loos good though. I couldn't get the modern sorted in time but will ride Pre 85s on the RM250. A new set of YSS shocks have made all the difference - I think I'll be able to keep up now...

Offline allan hughes

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2014, 09:03:13 pm »
hey purple that is cool

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2014, 12:09:03 pm »
Sadly the forecast did change to sunny and HOT! 37 on Saturday and 39 on Sunday. The only mitigating factor is that Canberra is always cool overnight so it will take until lunchtime for it to get really nasty, by which time hopefully many of the races will have been run.

Anyways, I have heard there are upwards of 120 riders entered so it should be a big weekend. As I only have one bike going I will not be too bothered by the heat and am hoping to get to watch the guns in the modern classes while having a bit of a putt round on the Pre 85 bike.

Bring it on!

Offline steve7406

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2014, 04:30:36 pm »
Is there any live timing for this event
2000 Yamaha WR400f
1980 Suzuki RM250t
1977 Suzuki RM125b                                         
1975 Yamaha MX250b
1973 Yamaha mx360 (on the rebuild table)                                                               
1972 Yamaha dt1 250
1976 Suzuki ts 185

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2014, 07:32:45 pm »
I would doubt it very much, and I sure haven't heard of it. First day run and won - a few stoppages meant a long day and only two rounds run. The fast guys are fast, so good to watch. And it was really hot too :)

But a great turnout and some brilliant racing so far.

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2014, 12:46:33 pm »
That went real good. Hot sunny days made bearable by a good breeze, big rollup of fast bikes and faster riders. There were a few unavoidable delays and it made for two long days but on the whole, a pretty fine way to spend a weekend.

There was only a small turnout in the vintage classes but good racing just the same. A quick lad on an XL500 seemed to be the gun in the Pre 78 open class, but Snowy 76 on his TT500 wasn't too far behind. In fact his ride in the final race for that class was a ripper. They were mixed in with the ladies on modern bikes and certainly kept the girls in check!  :)

Pre 85s was again disappointingly a small field but a fast CR500 led the way - when he could get a little drive that is. The track was dry and slippery because of the heat, although the track crew did a great job keeping on top of things.

A few of the forum regulars were in that one - Shaun #19, Snowy 76, Noel and yours truly and I think we all had a good day.

A big thank you to everyone who made the day possible, especially those officials who were out in the sun all day long for two full days. Looks like a great year's dirt track racing coming up in Canberra...

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2014, 01:33:05 pm »
Graeme is on the money! Overall a great weekends racing under quite warm conditions. 38.5C in the (Quick)shade so probably a couple hotter in the sun.

Snowy was on fire on the TT but had visibility issues after getting filled in by those nasty girls on their 450's in most races  ;D Still he rode great for a second place behind Damian Krazaic on his TT500.

Pre '85's were won by Edmund Krazaic on his CR500 with Corey Banks on the worlds fastest XL500 giving him some hurry up in second. I was a little outgunned on my little 250 but was happy with 4th and had some good races with eventual 3rd placegetter (sorry don't know his name) on his dad's YZ400.

If Canberra get the Nat's as expected you can be sure that the team from the club will put on an outstanding event. I reckon we may need three days though as even with two water trucks circulating all weekend it was a constant battle to keep the dust down.

Cheers
Shaun
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 01:38:53 pm by #19 »

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2014, 01:43:07 pm »
Too true about the club and the track Shaun. The club seems revitalised of late especially with Fred Senger's efforts on managing the track itself. The whole place is looking good these days and overall presentation this past weekend was the best I've seen there. We even had a decent PA system in the pits!

Third in Pre 85s was Jamie Dimmock, one of the local young guns. I'm glad that was a 400 he was on, cos I was trying to work out how a YZ250D could be so fast. And I got a ringside seat view of Snowy's wall ride on the TT - now if he'd just nailed the throttle then it would have been even better.

I just wish I could have had my YZF250 ready in time to come play in the Over 35s as well.  The poor old RM250 still needs work to be competitive, but then so does the rider!!   ;D

Offline SlideRulz

• A-Grade
  • Not anti social just anti idiot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2014, 03:13:25 pm »
The track won't dry out as quick in the winter months but even so if they try to run a combined Classic / Post Classic event they'll def need 3 days.
They had no problem last time because they still ran in the rain on the Sat & it took till nearly lunch on the Sunday before they needed a water truck.

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2014, 06:49:48 pm »
I see there's a fair bit of chatter on Facebook about the Troy Herfoss/Brodie Nowlan pass. Seems Brody took exception and went to explain to Troy where he'd gone wrong. I don't know anything about the pit scene, but I was on the hill and saw the pass. It was a very clean pass, Nowlan had to pick up and that lost him the drive and the win. So I guess he was just pissed at losing. I saw Halbert doing much harder passes at the TBC! Does anyone know what went down in the pits?