Author Topic: Aprilia flat tracker.  (Read 1402 times)

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
Aprilia flat tracker.
« on: December 16, 2013, 03:01:40 pm »
I've been accused of hating anything newer than 1978 which most know is bullshit. I've fallen hard for this little gem that'd rip in the new modern twins class. The price is pretty sweet too.

This is an Aprilia RXV550 twin cylinder engine, in a J&M 450 style frame. This engine combination is the only one, that AMA will let weigh 280LBs in the "Basic Twins" class. Everything else in the class has a 310LB min weight. This particular bike should be well under #280 (even with push-button start), so weight can be added wherever it's anvantageous.
This bike isn't completely finished, but all of the hard work has been done. It has a tidy (factory accessory?) race style wiring harness. It has a fuel sub tank under the seat, although the Racetec style tank on top should hold plenty for 12 lap Basic Twins races. It has a nice Penske Shock, and 43mm R6 forks (lugs trimmed). The triples are TCR adjustables. The wheels are in nice shape, and the hub is a quick change. The engine has a set of aftermarket cams installed, but is otherwise stock..... Which should be good for close to 80HP. The bike needs some finishing touches. Were I the one to finish it, the sub tank would be taken off and replaced with a simple Walbro pump and regulator. A main on/off and a handlebar kill switch still need to be mounted. The bike has the complete factory Aprillia airbox, but it may work better with a nice set of K&Ns. The bike is in North Central Iowa right now, but could also be picked-up in the Peoria area. We could also crate the bike for shipment.

$6500 (or close offer) is a great price, for what could be a class winning bike.

Call Rob @ 309-453-5453 or Alan @ 515-571-5083, with questions or to arrange a look. 
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha