Author Topic: SUZUKI Alloy Arms  (Read 1631 times)

Offline SON

• Legend
    • View Profile
SUZUKI Alloy Arms
« on: December 15, 2013, 12:35:12 am »
I started thinking about the different alloy arms that I have, after a couple of conversations with other forum members.

One has a C type arm out of a 370 with the brake mount on it, probably a 250C2 or a 400C?
Another has  a 125 C type the same as mine
The photos of C2's and 400C's on Suzukicycles.org show the brake mounts welded on the arm but floater brake arms.
Ted pipes up with I am lost in a RSPCA kennel
So from description his must be different from mine
Then there is other comments about bushes and needle bearings
How many differences are there?

Offline SON

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: SUZUKI Alloy Arms
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 04:13:10 pm »
Teds not going to be happy but after studying a few different arms and the parts books
I think his arm is a C
It appears that the Optional B arm has a lug welded on the top of the RH side above the brake stay mount,
the brake cable guide is bolted to this lug, this is as shown in the parts book,
the C model arms both early and late have the brake cable guide bolted into a hole in the inside and outside of the arm approx 90 degrees to the welded lugs
I have posted the photos on the Graeme Boyd MC facebook page since I am too incompetent to post them here

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 05:52:33 pm »
Incorrect Keep searching
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline SON

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2013, 06:24:42 pm »
Wont be searching until end of January after Troy Bayliss Classic, as the rest of the RM ABCs are on top of racks 10 feet off the ground
From blowing up the Trophy photo the cable guide appears to be a C same as second photo on Facebook page
Personally I think your arm or any C arm made identical is legal and no advantage, as I said in the beginning as confirmed by Alan Craig, the optional arm existed, its in the parts book and its legal, Finished you proved that,

Offline VMX Andrew

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 08:46:59 am »
For fark sake hasn't this already been thrashed to death a thousand times over. ?
Son needs to build a bridge and get over it...
Cause I think everybody else has.

Offline SON

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2013, 08:50:36 am »
Way over it just helping Ted out,