Author Topic: Rear Shock Info  (Read 6607 times)

Offline stormer 254

• Novice
    • View Profile
Rear Shock Info
« on: December 14, 2013, 10:19:16 pm »
These seem to be for sale on ebay in Australia], made in China I guess, anybody use them and are they any good or not please?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAN-AM-MX-6-250-400mm-REAR-AIR-NITROGEN-CELL-SHOCK-ABSORBERS-R-/131066643297?pt=AU_Motorcycle_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e842e4361

Offline kenny5000

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Rear Shock Info
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 11:06:23 pm »
I would say dodgy!! You get what you Pay for!! There are more details on their terms than the actual item with questionable policies!! How can giving them negative feedback (which means product or service is not up to speed) result in the warranty being voided??

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 11:18:23 pm »
I wonder where they are made?

They look very similar to the ones on the new style Royal India Endfields Cafe Racers ???
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 11:21:56 pm by Mick D »
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 09:30:10 am »
This statement alone is enough for me to avoid the seller. Surely this threatening attitude is against eBay rules? If it isn't it should be.

Feedback

Feedback will be automatically left through our automated system, once your much appreciated positive feedback is received. If for some reason you have not received any return positive feedback, please contact us and we will gladly leave you feedback. Please contact us before leaving negative feedback. We will always try our best to come to an agreement to avoid negative feedback. Negative feedback received will be given a manual feedback in return by us. Please note: negative feedback will void any warranty on your purchased items and you will be blocked from making any future purchases from JapBikeSpares.

'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 09:37:42 am »
They have great feedback haven't they? Either the product is OK, or their policies ensure the 100% positive rating... I have no idea how good those shocks are, but they look good.

TM BILL

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2013, 09:58:17 am »
Look like another Chinka cheapie , their bullshit policies and their rip off postage would put me off even considering their products .

They are listed for a Canam MX6 and in their speil bolt on ready to go , so i take it that they have the correct spring rate , travel and damping specs as what was fitted OEM , although they are 400mm long they dont seem to have much shaft travel ?

They are obviously expecting neg feedback ( probably due to the fact the product is cheap and nasty and not fit for purpose, unless fitted to a Chinka scooter) hence the dictorial feedback policy  ::)

You get what you pay for , if its cheap theres a reason  ;)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 10:03:56 am by TM bill »

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2013, 10:19:18 am »
They look very similar to the ones on the new style Royal India Endfields Cafe Racers ???
Well, sort of. All sorts of cheap alternative shocks are popping up on the market and nearly all of them are pretty awful. I considered a set of the "Chilins" shocks for my dirt tracker but after seeing a set blow out on an XS650 Yamaha dirt tracker I decided to give them a miss. If they can't handle dirt track how long do you reckon they'd last on a motocrosser?
The Indians have entered the market and I must admit that I'm impressed by what I've seen so far. I bought a brand new set of Royal Enfield forks for a project and as well as the price being unbelievably low, the quality seems to be pretty damn good.  $94 + $70 shipping for a brand new set of forks is a pretty good deal I reckon.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/121168371964?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
The Royal Enfield shocks Mick mentioned look to be visual copies of the old Marzocchi piggybacks and they're priced pretty well but I doubt they'd handle the rigors of motocross. they're pretty cheap though. http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROYAL-ENFIELD-REAR-SHOCK-ABSORBERS-GAS-FILLED-NEW-PACKED-/181166502921?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a2e5d7409&vxp=mtr
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2013, 11:17:46 am »
No Firko, these are the ones I mean.
http://royalenfield.com/

I assume the ones fitted to the new India Cafe's, would be made in India?
Two young blokes at Newcastle region Aldi outlets have the older style India Enfields for a few years now.
Both say that the bikes have been great reliable, no issue value for money.

These India forks you have fiko. What is the stroke/travel? What amount of travel do you think they can be safely increased too.

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2013, 12:01:11 pm »
'Gas filled shocks' - you'd be wise to ask the question as to whether they had oil in them as well as air!
WANTED. Canams;all models,complete or parts.SWM stuff too!

I'm THE Thread Killer - when I post a thread dies!

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2013, 12:19:56 pm »
Price would dictate not to expect much, for sure.
I saw them on ebay too, and thought Nahhh, but after realising they look virtually identical to the India Cafe ones, I'm thinking Surely, I used to spend that every Friday night on lubricant and raffle tickets.

I would be happy to spend that much, just for a sqizz to satisfy my now new curiosity for dirt track consideration.
If they are dismantable / rebuildable / India"s/ etc. ??

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2013, 12:25:41 pm »

Actually, I would be much happier if some one else tried a set first ;D :)

Don't forget to share the experience ;D

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2013, 12:43:57 pm »
Experience has proven you can't go past the name brands.. Solid steel bars are cheap and work about as good as those cheap Chinese pogo sticks.. You can't get a new spine when it's rooted.

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2013, 12:46:17 pm »
Exactly. Name brands only get a name for one reason.
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2013, 12:51:21 pm »
True, but many a Friday night would need to be sacrificed ::) for just one bike ::) ::)

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2013, 12:57:34 pm »
True, but many a Friday night would need to be sacrificed ::) for just one bike ::) ::)
That's the price we pay Mick.. You're head will thank you the next day!