Author Topic: Someone please talk some sense into me!  (Read 17997 times)

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
Re: Someone please talk some sense into me!
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2013, 11:23:56 am »
I have never even ridden the Evo Honda's I would have thought the pick of the Jap evo's would have been the N/T RM?
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2013, 11:25:52 am »
I have never even ridden the Evo Honda's I would have thought the pick of the Jap evo's would have been the N/T RM?
[/quoteTrue ;)

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2013, 11:39:25 am »

Maybe for the big bore class.....BUT only because Honda didn't have an open class crosser back then  ;D
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2013, 12:06:22 pm »

Maybe for the big bore class.....BUT only because Honda didn't have an open class crosser back then  ;D
Comparing the Jap 250's The RM250N/T is not as good a bike as the YZ250H, CR & KX. And the YZ465 is the better of the Jap big bores.. But obviously Maico and Husky are better again :)

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2013, 12:19:33 pm »

Comparing the Jap 250's The RM250N/T is not as good a bike as the YZ250H, CR & KX. And the YZ465 is the better of the Jap big bores.. But obviously Maico and Husky are better again :)

Forget the rest Maicos are the best.  Although clearly the 81 Maico 490 is the best Evo 500, the 250 is a very good bike also.  Just ask BVD.
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2013, 12:59:39 pm »
Going from Husky to Honda I think that you will notice how good the Husky frame and suspension is , you can up grade the Honda forks and shock but you still got a few suprises coming with the frame flex.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2013, 01:05:44 pm »
Going from Husky to Honda I think that you will notice how good the Husky frame and suspension is , you can up grade the Honda forks and shock but you still got a few suprises coming with the frame flex.
Too True.. The Honda needs shocks, forks and a swingarm to make it decent but it does have the engine!

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2013, 01:15:06 pm »

Forget the rest Maicos are the best.  Although clearly the 81 Maico 490 is the best Evo 500, the 250 is a very good bike also.  Just ask BVD.

The Maico is clearly the best because of all the World titles it won 8)
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2013, 01:20:55 pm »

The Maico is clearly the best because of all the World titles it won 8)
Maico raced production bikes.. No production Jap bike in the Maico era ever won a world title!
We race production bikes..

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2013, 04:03:03 pm »
Yeah you are right, Maico didn't win any World Championships.  That is probably because they couldn't afford to buy the Championships like Suzuki and Yamaha did.  The bikes Joel Robert, Sylvan Goebers and Roger DeCoster raced were a lot lighter than the production Maicos, but still they finished next best to those riders.

But clearly I won't convince anyone who doesn't really know Maicos of how good they are, so you might as well just remain ignorant.
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2013, 04:09:57 pm »
Too True.. The Honda needs shocks, forks and a swingarm to make it decent but it does have the engine!

Even with all that the frame still flex's compared to a Euro bike , hence the extra brace that some factory riders used from the swingarm pivot to the top rail. How about a CR motor in a Husky frame?That would work.

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2013, 08:20:20 pm »
I didn't see too many Huskies or any other euro bike competing with Heiki Mikola on the big bore YZ. Brad Lackey on the Elsinore sure did though.. Frame flex or no frame flex, the Honda was a bike the privateers could jump on and have a chance, even against the big bores...
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2013, 08:30:08 pm »
I didn't see too many Huskies or any other euro bike competing with Heiki Mikola on the big bore YZ. Brad Lackey on the Elsinore sure did though.. Frame flex or no frame flex, the Honda was a bike the privateers could jump on and have a chance, even against the big bores...
Are you for real? Honda didn't even make a big bore production mx bike in 77/78 when Lackey was on Honda. It was a full on works bike buddy, no comparison to what we could buy.
Mikkola won 2 world titles on Husky in 74 & 76 which is what got him the factory Yamaha ride!

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2013, 08:44:24 pm »
Bad Brad never even rode an "Elsinore".....he rode a works "RC" Honda......not one part was off a production bike.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline suzuki59

• Legend
  • Kiwi VMX
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2013, 08:48:56 pm »
Big K just do it -Red lemons aka Hondas are like fat chicks (I am sure you know the punch line) but hey it could be worse -you could have turned into a homo like Davey Crocket