Author Topic: Grettings  (Read 1173 times)

Offline shanes

• Novice
    • View Profile
Grettings
« on: December 12, 2013, 10:35:36 am »
Hi Guys
nice to find the forum , a little bit about me
we left aus in 1999 after 8-9 years in thailand we moved to Spain for 2 years now in Jakarta indonesia . the last MX race i did was in broadford in the mid/late 80's at the Mr Motocross , i blew my knee out :-{ after that i went road racing on 250 GP bikes . i stopped racing for a while due to funds but have never stopped riding MX . when we moved to asia i started racing superbike and did so MX and SX races for practice and fitness . from there i moved to SuperMoto and had a great few years racing in a number of championships , thailand Singapore , British , Australian and then the Spanish championship . i retired from racing all together at the end of the 2009 season as hit 40 and seamed to have stopped bouncing when i hit the ground . the Superbiker event in Mettet Belgium was my last race .

i am out 2 times a week on the MX bike , my 9 year old daughter rides with me , she is pretty steady but she loves it on the top of her christmas list is a new helmet and new boots , she rides a husky CR50 but been asking why she doesn't have gears so i just got her a new CR65 , its for her birthday in January , she will find out when we get back from christmas holidays in Spain :-}

i ride a KTM SXF350 and KTM SX250

also still riding the superbikes at Sepang in Malaysia and i always get out on the Supermoto bikes with my mate in Spain , he was second in the championship this year and his brother won the masters championship , they have just swapped from Honda to KTM so have a lot of winter testing planned over the christmas period , i just ordered a 2014 TM SMX 450 Fi it will be on the way to spain in 2 weeks so we can do some back to back testing with the new KTM's and see what one seams better .

a pic of my old SM in Mettet

« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 04:01:52 pm by shanes »
work to live , not live to work

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Gettings
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 03:53:45 pm »
Hey Shane (think you missed the "r" from the title)  Steven A'lee has built up a few more NSR500V's to blag a ride on  :D
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline shanes

• Novice
    • View Profile
Re: Grettings
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 04:01:38 pm »
Hey Shane (think you missed the "r" from the title)  Steven A'lee has built up a few more NSR500V's to blag a ride on  :D

yep they are fun to ride , i got a chance to ride one at Dongington park last year

« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 04:03:51 pm by shanes »
work to live , not live to work

Offline VMX Andrew

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 07:05:54 pm »
Umm ...Nice to meet you Shane but this is a Vintage Dirt Bike Forum.  :)

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2013, 11:15:44 pm »
I think I have meet you before when I did Motard racing in Qld a few years ago.....did you have the trick Aprilla's?. My mate was the Scotsman Gordon Milne. You need to get a few older MX bikes to be on here.....lozza will get a hard on though when you post pictures like those up. Cheers.....you need to come to QLD for the best VMX in Aussie......we have a few big meets next year if your keen.....let me know.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.