Author Topic: OSSA Stiletto exhaust.  (Read 3083 times)

Offline Lewis

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
OSSA Stiletto exhaust.
« on: December 11, 2013, 02:07:15 pm »
Anyone able to tell me the dimensions of the sections for an OSSA Stiletto expansion chamber,or even better has anyone got one for sale.
                                        cheers Lewis.

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
Re: OSSA Stiletto exhaust.
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 10:31:02 pm »
oops,cut n shut the crap outa mine  :o,yours goes in toward back of airbox & back out high level on the r/h side,or earlier underneath motor & out the lower left side?, mine was/is high on the right,a 67 model 4 speeder,i can measure the different sections if it helps so?, :P
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

Offline VMX60

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 11:25:55 pm »
Lewis

If its a down pipe Stiletto can Help with dimensions either Std pipe or a Phantom spec pipe made to suit earlier model to race VMX
Where are you and are you restoring a 4 or 5 speed back to std Stiletto specs or a race bike

Just done a motor for a 5 speed Stiletto resto Ossa guy in Vic

Cheers

Offline Lewis

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 07:58:55 am »
VMX60 and Matcho Mick,thanks for getting back.The OSSA is a 1969 4 speed with a down pipe.The previous owner made his own exhaust and it just looks all wrong.The dimensions for the sections would be great if one of you gents could PM me.The bike will get a full rebuild eventually but first I'd like to get a bit of time on it as I expect it to fall over a few times.(I've NEVER ridden on the dirt,I'm 60 years old)Should be an eye opener for me as I've been plugging away for years on BSA singles.Seeing that you've asked VMX60 I'm in Bendigo.(Will need to get in touch with John O for access to his track).
                                                                              cheers Lewis

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 08:45:27 am »
Lewis I have a 5.9mg PDF file of the Stiletto owners manual (in English!not Espanola) , it features a fair bit of workshop repair info too . Yours if you PM me an email address.
Remember it is a largish file for email. 
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline VMX60

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2013, 12:57:49 pm »
Lewis

Is this the one you brought from WA . the pipe he made looked like it was for a 80cc not a 250cc

When I looked at buying the 4 speed nick name it the silver frost special

The good news is the other Stiletto is also from the Bendigo area will PM the contact details as he has a pipe to measure
Cheers

Offline Lewis

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2013, 01:48:34 pm »
MMMM,I reckon(know) that is the very same bike.Amazing what some folk bring back from their holidays!!Would be good to make a comparison with an original exhaust.I've finally decided to drag it to the front of the shed and do something with it(like start it).Should be interesting.

Thanks for helping guys.Got a new pipe coming from the states.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 03:21:27 pm by Lewis »