Author Topic: anyone know of these shocks  (Read 4321 times)

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
anyone know of these shocks
« on: November 30, 2013, 10:46:56 am »
I have 2 odd bods come in
1) Hulco 395mm eye to eye with remote resi

2) corte & cosso ''                                         ''

are they any good  ???

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
Re: anyone know of these shocks
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 11:10:59 am »
Hulco were good, Dutch made similar to White Power. Corte Cosso were std on 81 maicos, just average.

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 11:26:58 am »
Hulco were good, Dutch made similar to White Power. Corte Cosso were std on 81 maicos, just average.
cheers  ;) :) do you know the best place to get Ohlins rebuild kits?

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 12:41:20 pm »
I get Ohlins parts from Steve Cramer, I'm in the trade so that's the  best option for me.

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, 12:55:30 pm »
Hulcos where a good shock at the time . We still have parts for them .  For the corte cosso we have conversion kits .
thanks for that, will try and get a matching Hulco, you havent got one have ya Wasp  :)

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2013, 12:59:30 pm »
I get Ohlins parts from Steve Cramer, I'm in the trade so that's the  best option for me.
thanks for that,pardon my ignorance hows the best way to get in contact with Steve Cramer? and would you have the odd Hulco kickin around?

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2013, 01:07:18 pm »
googled and came up with his po box, email and phone number :) thank you

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2013, 01:18:39 pm »
Hulcos where a good shock at the time . We still have parts for them .  For the corte cosso we have conversion kits .
thanks for that, will try and get a matching Hulco, you havent got one have ya Wasp  :)

Hulco Parts I have , but a complete ( I guess with 395 its a front ) I would have to check in the scrap pile

Steve Cramer products are in Melbourne .  If its only seal heads , we have them in stock here in Adelaide .
Thanx for that, yep front, do ya want a picture to match? yep at moment seal heads better pull down first ;) but at the moment it sorta works and sorta looks ok :-\ just starting on rebirth today so if I can get it going then start the real setting up, all new to me, so the funs just begun ;)

Offline popeye

• Legend
  • 1-2-3 wheel's l don't care...All good fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2013, 01:23:04 pm »
Speaking of shocks....   Can you help with a shock an 1988 GSXR 750 Suzuki Walter?????  For period 6 Road racing..
IN IT FOR THE FUN OF IT. LIKE MR NIKE SAYS JUST DO IT.

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2013, 02:32:50 pm »

Hulco Parts I have , but a complete ( I guess with 395 its a front ) I would have to check in the scrap pile

Steve Cramer products are in Melbourne .  If its only seal heads , we have them in stock here in Adelaide .
Thanx for that, yep front, do ya want a picture to match? yep at moment seal heads better pull down first ;) but at the moment it sorta works and sorta looks ok :-\ just starting on rebirth today so if I can get it going then start the real setting up, all new to me, so the funs just begun ;)

Yes a pic is always good to help identify .

here are the culprits, cheers
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 02:35:07 pm by shelpi »

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2013, 02:41:16 pm »

here's the rear, shit shot realy ;)

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2013, 03:19:24 pm »
The rear shock will com alive again . The fronts ... you will have to do your sums . It appears on the photo that the casting is bent backward pushing on the spring . ( not uncommon ) . There is also deep wear marks in the reservoir . Dont forget , for $799  I have a pair of good  fronts .
thanks, yer like I said we will need to do a real set up before we race ;) so this day is the start, also got a motor in the works once that arrives we will put it in, see if alls ok then complete pull down and do it all proper ;) got a feeling bar work is wrong for the passenger........... :P