Author Topic: Hi everyone back into bikes after many years in the wilderness  (Read 2773 times)

montynut

I am a bit of a true Montesa believer! Currently have two Cote 349 trials bikes from early '80s. One restoring (just completed) to show room and the other for twin shock competition.

Looking for a VB360 or later MXer. Had a number of Montesa  gems in the 70's. Ahhh the 70's!!!!!! Enduro 250H, VB125, VB360, VE414 also enjoyed riding a friends V75 and didn't enjoy riding a VA360. Along with Suzuki, Honda & Kawasaki MXer and enduros. I like things a little different hence the Montesa's

Enjoyed CD5 even with the wet weather.

Greg

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Hi everyone back into bikes after many years in the wilderness
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 11:09:38 am »
Ah... another returns to the fold,good for you ;D
welcome
Best is in the West !!

mx250

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 11:45:25 am »
Yeah, just what we need, another Monty Nut  ;D.

Greg, I don't know if you saw it but there was a VB360/H6/kawa hybrid offered on evilpay not so long ago. Passed in zero bids at $4000. Thats was auctioned by one of the players from the forum, BigK. Give him a call and start the huggling  ;D.

I have a hint where there may be others Monty bits but I'm not in a position to devulge anything usefull at the mo. But they are 'out there' ;).

390 ROSS, aka, All Things 414, is our other Monty Nut par excellenance and should be along soon, but he might be a lead for you in locating a Monty (but he'll bum steer you away from anything 414  ;D

Mike would be a good guy to talk to regardless, I'm pretty sure you'll find he has a treasure trove of Monty goodies socked away. He might be able to give you a Monty axle that can form the bases of a Monty 'grandfathers axe' ;).

I'm resto'ing a VB360 and there is at least one other, mike1948, who lurks here as well. Unless it is Mike, I deduce from evilpay auctions there is someone else in Oz restoring a VB360.

We 'Monty Nuts' will have to get out shit together and front CD6 with a collection of 'Spain's Finest' in our own high class arbour to shame those wankers over at KKK  ;D.

Oopps, shot my mouth off again ::).

Welcome aboard Greg, and congratulation in your fine taste in motorcycles  ;D

firko

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 11:49:57 am »
Wankers!! :o

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 01:03:18 pm »
I'm resto'ing a VB360 and there is at least one other, mike1948, who lurks here as well. Unless it is Mike, I deduce from evilpay auctions there is someone else in Oz restoring a VB360.

is that the one with the crankshaft mounted clutch?  are you keeping the same setup or converting ?

how about an update mx250 ?
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

mx250

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 02:08:56 pm »

is that the one with the crankshaft mounted clutch?  are you keeping the same setup or converting ?

how about an update mx250 ?
That's the one.

I'll probably keep the c/shaft clutch for its uniqueness, at least until it proofs to be a problem. Jared, SW Montesa, tells me that a lot of owners kept them and had no probs.

Project Lazarus has been stalled on a number of accounts; waiting for bits outa USA; priorities in 'Real Life’ and fretting over the detail fabrication of the engine mounts.  Parts have arrived from the States and things are generally coming together at the mo. I hope to make good progress from here. I look forward to keeping you abreast of the Trials and Tribulations of a Monty Restorer with a few updates (especially now that I shot my mouth of about wankers, KKK, CD6 etc etc ::)).

Offline mike1948

• A-Grade
  • Margate, QLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2008, 05:24:31 pm »
Hi and welcome, Montynut.  Has anyone noticed that more and more true bike enthusiasts are coming out of the closet, and demonstrating excellent taste by selecting the MONTESA as their steed!!  Such class!
Yes, my VB360 is coming along well, thanks to Ebay & Jared at SW Montesa, and I only need another 360 bits to finish it!

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2008, 08:12:07 pm »
...bike enthusiasts are coming out of the closet, and demonstrating excellent taste by selecting the MONTESA

ABSOLUTELY! Coming out of the closet is something we've looong associated with Monty Riders.
Good for you - say it loud and say it proud! ;)
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

mx250

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 07:10:38 am »
ABSOLUTELY! Coming out of the closet is something we've looong associated with Monty Riders.

We call it 'giving it the full Monty' ;D. If ya got it, flaunt it ;D.

Loud and Proud - thats seems a fair description for a Monty 8).

Doc

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 08:02:45 am »
eh Firko, obviously no taste whatsoever ;)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2008, 11:41:05 am »
IT'S A REVIVAL
Welcome montynut
Best is in the West !!

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld