Author Topic: Any news on next Classic Dirt  (Read 7419 times)

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
Any news on next Classic Dirt
« on: November 21, 2013, 11:33:18 AM »
Any news? Hopefully in Queensland where it is supported and hopefully on long weekend to make easier to get to.
For me Connondale best venue so far.
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

TM BILL

Re: Any news on next Classic Dirt
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 11:54:48 AM »
Any news? Hopefully in Queensland where it is supported and hopefully on long weekend to make easier to get to.
For me Connondale best venue so far.

If its Connondale there will be a bunch of us from this side  :)

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 11:55:27 AM »
I heard a serious rumour that a Victorian 'Classic Dirt' type event is being discussed, with track, less than 45 min from Melbourne.
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 01:11:34 PM »
Word is its back at conondale where the numbers WILL turn up...

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 01:19:24 PM »
I heard a serious rumour that a Victorian 'Classic Dirt' type event is being discussed, with track, less than 45 min from Melbourne.
They'll need good luck fitting it in and getting the numbers between HBBB, post classic nats at Toowoomba, CD10, Conondale Classic and Classic Nats in SA

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2013, 03:16:27 PM »
They'll need good luck fitting it in and getting the numbers between HBBB, post classic nats at Toowoomba, CD10, Conondale Classic and Classic Nats in SA

If it's done properly, people will make it a priority, nothing to do with luck.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2013, 03:28:17 PM »
Ordinarily I'd do everything possible to get to one of these events but John's raised a good point. As a self funded retiree I can only justify and afford so many trips away in a given year. With HBBB, CD10, the Dirt Track Nats and the Port Augusta Classic Nats on my 'am going' list and Post Classic Nats or Conondale Classic on my 'good chance' list, there doesn't seem to be much time or money left in my coffers. I can only speak for myself but with the economy still jittery, I reckon that many others might be in the same boat.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2013, 03:49:28 PM »
While you guy's have a point that works for you, being in Vic I see many bikes owners that don't or won't go to all the other events.

Many Vic riders don't want to, or can't, travel interstate for other events, the HBBB is too big, is not just motocross and is only 'Pre 85', three reason I agree with to consider an event that ....

*  Is close to Melbourne, good for competitors and spectators.

*  May be catering for Pre 2000 dirt, there are MANY enthusiasts with pre 00 bikes that deserve a gig.

*  Eliminating the road portion that the Bonanza caters for can make for a more manageable event.

I can only see an event such as this helping the sport in this state.

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2013, 03:52:53 PM »
You guys don't need to attend to make an event such as this a success.  Qld has its big turnouts ..... stay there, let us have our own successful events.

Offline number8

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2013, 05:52:33 PM »
John O

Go for it there's no reason not to have a crack, it is a long haul to Qld and if it encourages blokes that don't want to race to bring there bikes out then why not, give people an option, ;)

Offline SON

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2013, 07:10:28 PM »
Ordinarily I'd do everything possible to get to one of these events but John's raised a good point. As a self funded retiree I can only justify and afford so many trips away in a given year. With HBBB, CD10, the Dirt Track Nats and the Port Augusta Classic Nats on my 'am going' list and Post Classic Nats or Conondale Classic on my 'good chance' list, there doesn't seem to be much time or money left in my coffers. I can only speak for myself but with the economy still jittery, I reckon that many others might be in the same boat.
And theTroy Bayliss

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2013, 09:18:39 PM »
We certainly have a full calendar....better start saving for all of next years meets..... 8)
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2013, 09:22:23 PM »

which area John?
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2013, 09:43:14 PM »
North of Melb Al

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2013, 12:01:59 PM »
Wherever it is held it has to be successful. It can't afford another failure.

Maybe including Pre 90 would help too. I would also like to see a Vintage Grass Track/Long Track demo like in Europe. John Titman has two bikes. Also maybe a Vintage Rally for road bikes to finish at the venue. It should be everything Vintage like Goodwood in the UK.

Kevin
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490