Author Topic: Inexpensive powder coating  (Read 1489 times)

Offline lyle2212

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Inexpensive powder coating
« on: November 15, 2013, 03:32:50 pm »
Gotta give these guys a free plug,      METAL SERVICES AUSTRALIA.     Located at Thornton ,Newcastle.
   Last time I had a motorbike frame powder coated about 5 years back in Newcastle ,I was charged $300.        This time I tried a different place.   I had one motorbike frame powder coated at the above mentioned shop , same model frame and colour as 5 years back.   ,plus 2 more frames blasted and primed plus a metal chair and exhaust pipe blasted, all for $320 ,  happy happy joy joy...... 

Offline Nipper

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Inexpensive powder coating
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 03:45:00 pm »
I've used a company here in the northern suburbs of Adelaide , they are called cyclops engineering. Great bunch of people and Brett the owner of the business is a restorer of Vmx bikes. To powder coat a rm 125 frame and swing arm came out at $ 90.00 pretty happy with the result and the price.

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Inexpensive powder coating
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 08:01:51 pm »
That sounds like a good deal Nipper.

Gotta give these guys a free plug,      METAL SERVICES AUSTRALIA.     Located at Thornton ,Newcastle.
   Last time I had a motorbike frame powder coated about 5 years back in Newcastle ,I was charged $300.        This time I tried a different place.   I had one motorbike frame powder coated at the above mentioned shop , same model frame and colour as 5 years back.   ,plus 2 more frames blasted and primed plus a metal chair and exhaust pipe blasted, all for $320 ,  happy happy joy joy...... 

Thanks Lyle, I will tell them you referred me. 
"light weight, and it works great"  :)